• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why hasn’t London locked down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They may not have the official announcement but London was eerily quiet yesterday, I even managed to get a seat on the tube. The coughing fit helped as no one wanted to be near me
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      London isn't an island.

In Italy they locked down one region in the North so people fled resulting in them locking down the entire country.
      Do many people in London realise there is life outside the M25?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        Do many people in London realise there is primitive, monocellular life outside the M25?
        yes, we do

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Do you realise how many people on zero hours contracts keep the place running?

The government has no plan for covering the costs of forcing people to stop working. No plan for child care once the schools close.
          I thought looking after your own offspring was called parenting. I quite understand people that have kids to get more benefits might not want to look after their offspring all the time, it isn't their lifestyle...

But I would prefer that I looked after mine rather than some stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
            I thought looking after your own offspring was called parenting. I quite understand people that have kids to get more benefits might not want to look after their offspring all the time, it isn't their lifestyle...

But I would prefer that I looked after mine rather than some stranger.

Are you saying you don't think children should ever be sent to school?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Are you saying you don't think children should ever be sent to school?

Do they have children schools?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Do they have children schools?

Yes. It's where they learn stuff.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  Do many people in London realise there is life outside the M25?
                  We know it's there, it just doesn't have anything of interest

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                    london is going to be cut off from rest of country, people restricted from entering & leaving, & lockdown. days away from happening...

tube is going to be cut back from the morning, and more to come
                    Only for Key workers
                    No Waterloo & City line
                    No Night Tube
                    Underground stations without interchanges to be closed
                    A normal day on the drain then
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      We know it's there, it just doesn't have anything of interest

And it rains a lot. And what's with all the silly accents...?

The lockdown is coming, and there are no supermarket delivery slots for the next month. We do have one booked for next week, so it looks like we'll have to stockpile...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X