• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why hasn’t London locked down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    I thought looking after your own offspring was called parenting. I quite understand people that have kids to get more benefits might not want to look after their offspring all the time, it isn't their lifestyle...

But I would prefer that I looked after mine rather than some stranger.
    That wasn't the point I was making and don't disagree with your comments.

Children cannot go to school. The expectation is that their parents have understanding employers who will pay them to stay at home doing childcare instead of work, especially tricky if the job isn't one that can be done remotely. Great that they can take 3 month's payment holiday off their rent or mortgage but what about paying for everything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Do many people in London realise there is life outside the M25?
      Without a lock down, soon there will be no life inside the M25.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If anyone needs to fly to get home, do it sooner than later. Domestic flight prices are going up it seems. Saw London to Glasgow selling for £300 in economy the other day!

The trains may be a better option but there is an extended risk due to being stuck in a carriage for hours with someone potentially carrying the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          If anyone needs to fly to get home, do it sooner than later. Domestic flight prices are going up it seems. Saw London to Glasgow selling for £300 in economy the other day!

The trains may be a better option but there is an extended risk due to being stuck in a carriage for hours with someone potentially carrying the virus.
          As if anyone would even contemplate flying economy...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            As if anyone would even contemplate flying economy...
            When LM is in first class, she makes HWMBO fly economy....

Comment

Waitrose limits food sales to people with detached houses

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                When LM is in first class, she makes HWMBO fly economy....
                No chance of him sitting up the back. I've turned him into a travel snob

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  yes, we do
                  I doubt it for you specifically. Daft.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    London isn't an island.

In Italy they locked down one region in the North so people fled resulting in them locking down the entire country.
                    Probably trying to find someone to surrender to?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Are you saying you don't think children should ever be sent to school?
                      Not at all. When they go to school usually the teachers are subject to some kind of DBS system to make sure they are safe.

If they cannot go to school, the parents should take the responsibility for them. They aren't commodities that should be seen but not heard, that view went out of fashion last century.

It's quite a responsible act to most people to have children. Don't think I'd want to leave mine with someone I don't know anything about so I'd take the time off work if my wife or partner couldn't for whatever reason. It's called parenting. It should never be a task you'd rather have someone else do.

IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                      X