• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why hasn’t London locked down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why hasn’t London locked down?

Do you think you are immune?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Do you realise how many people on zero hours contracts keep the place running?

The government has no plan for covering the costs of forcing people to stop working. No plan for child care once the schools close.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The government has no plan for covering the costs of forcing people to stop working. No plan for child care once the schools close.

usual stuff - those that care will pay for it..
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The fear of merely living in London is the same of the bat who invented coronavirus purely because bats have a faster metabolism.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

london is going to be cut off from rest of country, people restricted from entering & leaving, & lockdown. days away from happening...

tube is going to be cut back from the morning, and more to come
          Only for Key workers
          No Waterloo & City line
          No Night Tube
          Underground stations without interchanges to be closed

https://twitter.com/ValerioCapraro/s...14156815245312
          Last edited by CoolCat; 19 March 2020, 01:16.

Comment

I come from London and an pretty unhygenic mixed with suprarnatural confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

London isn't an island.

In Italy they locked down one region in the North so people fled resulting in them locking down the entire country.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Boris needs to order all people who can work from home MUST work from home.

My work colleagues at a major bank are being forced to go into work even though they can easily wfh. I am due to switch with them in 1.5 weeks and I will have to go in. Absolutely nuts.

Crazy thing is that most of my colleagues don't seem to care. I was about to have a real moan with the boss but having heard views of workmates, I don't think I will bother as will be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by mogga71 View Post

My work colleagues at a major bank are being forced to go into work even though they can easily wfh. I am due to switch with them in 1.5 weeks and I will have to go in. Absolutely nuts.

Crazy thing is that most of my colleagues don't seem to care. I was about to have a real moan with the boss but having heard views of workmates, I don't think I will bother as will be wasting my time.
                  Bank has decided you are expendable

By next week you wont be able to go in anyway

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

FTFY

Originally posted by mogga71 View Post

I just told my client "I'm working from home now for the duration". If they'd said no, I'd have said "goodbye".
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X