• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why hasn’t London locked down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Death train.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    So a commuter on a packed tube decided to take a photo of a packed carriage and post it?

If I was that commuter .... I would have got off the fecking train.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      Given that there are a lot of key workers that still need to get into town and that it's much quieter, it would surely make to suspend parking restrictions around as many key worker sites as possible and encourage people to drive in, or cycle/walk if they can and avoid the tube?
      They have at least ditched the Congestion Tax and the Emissions Tax, and I have heard anecdotally that some companies are offering up their otherwise empty car-parks to NHS staff. I think I heard NCP are offering big discounts to key-workers. These are all very good things.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
        So they've added a few extra non essential businesses to the list like hairdressers, nail salons etc. places which are most likely empty as it is now, so might as well shut the.. Apart from that, business as usual...
        The place where my brothers both work is staying open. They normally make marquees and the like (e.g for The Grand Tour) but have been given a contract to make body bags

Comment

Last week RBKC parking Nazis were definitely out in force. Will have to pop out in about do will see if I spot any today.

EDIT:
          Not a soul to be seen. I bet they're hiding and waiting for the non-residents to park in the wrong bays...
          Last edited by ladymuck; 24 March 2020, 13:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
            [...]but have been given a contract to make body bags
            indeed.

Comment

I think police yet lack the ability to disperse crowds but this on the tube in particular just seems crazy.

Already we as a nation are on lock-down partly due to a bunch of idiots going to the beach. Now we risk even stricter measures because people in London can't follow the rules.

I really hope they start enforcing the existing rules rather than adding new ones, and consider London a special case if they must before blanket bans everywhere.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I think police yet lack the ability to disperse crowds but this on the tube in particular just seems crazy.

Already we as a nation are on lock-down partly due to a bunch of idiots going to the beach. Now we risk even stricter measures because people in London can't follow the rules.

I really hope they start enforcing the existing rules rather than adding new ones, and consider London a special case if they must before blanket bans everywhere.
                There's only a beach in London at really, really low tides...

Comment

Could always have a BBQ: https://twitter.com/FoleshillWMP/sta...60673914912770
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Evening Standard delivery

I wondered why some chap came part way down the stairs into my patio and chucked something at my kitchen door.

Turns out the Evening Standard is now being delivered! Essential, it seems. But only if you live in zones two and three.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X