• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why hasn’t London locked down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    You mean to ‘a’ large number.

Smart ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    <gaslighting>Really?</gaslighting>

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Wibble
    Nonetheless, there is a large enough group of people that use "fewer" in one context and "less" in another that you look like an ignorant prat, defending the indefensible.

And what is grammar, if not a preference? Grammar changes over the years - even in controlled languages. Q.v. dative case in German.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      <gaslighting>Really?</gaslighting>

Nonetheless, there is a large enough group of people that use "fewer" in one context and "less" in another, that you look like a prat.

And what is grammar, if not a preference? Grammar changes over the years - even in controlled languages. Q.v. dative case in German.
      I am right. You are wrong. But process it however you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        Yes, like the one you handily linked to eh?;
        "his preference was generalized and elevated to an absolute, inviolable rule."

Nick called you out on it, 2 days ago.
        You absolute cretin.
        It is not in truth an inviolable rule. It is claimed to be so by prescriptive grammarians. If you were better educated, and more clever, you would understand this.

Comment

It is not in truth an inviolable rule. It is claimed to be so by prescriptive grammarians. If you were better educated, and more clever, you would understand this.
          Is Bean trying to understand big words again? Bean will become cross and frustrated soon. Poor Bean.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

There are, however, many 'fake rules' that were invented by 18th and 19th century grammarians.
            I suspect split infinitives are one of these, e.g. "to boldly go" (shudder!)
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

Keep away from the queen

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              This is the moment Liz is waiting for. She's hung on to pass the crown to William, no doubt about that. Charlie's old man's reptilian consistution could go in his favour though.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Your link clearly states it as such, but hey ho, whatever you say eh? lol
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Is Bean trying to understand big words again? Bean will become cross and frustrated soon. Poor Bean.
                  Bless, how were the other 'rich' folks (retired) in Portugal, when you were over there last?

You can copy and paste the words of Old Greg if you like, shows more about you than me
                  Originally posted by Old Greg
                  I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    There's an alarm going off outside. Not your usual car alarm. Due to the lockdown I can't go out and see if someone is being burnt alive in their own home. I guess if I smell roasting pork we'll know they didn't make it.
                    I take it you were away the weekend they tested the Zombie Attack Alarm?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I take it you were away the weekend they tested the Zombie Attack Alarm?
                      Looks like it!

Ah well, something will get me in the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X