• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why hasn’t London locked down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jingle bells, Brillo smells...
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      yes, well. we'll see, shan't we?
      We're all doomed ...... haven't you heard that 100% of the population will get this, and there will be 1-2million deaths in the UK? Doomed I tells'ya

We just need the flouncy one to come along now and confirm the maths
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        Which borough do you live in sweet cheeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Do you not think you're a bit of a twat celebrating the spread of the virus, and the potential deaths, in our capital? This says so much more about you PG, and nothing about Londoners (most of whom are not originally from London) who you despise.

Comment

Why hasn’t London locked down?

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Do you not think you're a bit of a twat celebrating the spread of the virus, and the potential deaths, in our capital? This says so much more about you PG, and nothing about Londoners (most of whom are not originally from London) who you despise.
          As per the title of this thread - the greater number of deaths is due to slow response and then flaunting the rules.

Sunbathing in the park, riding your bike along the river, none essential shopping.

You can’t say you weren’t warned.

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 29 March 2020, 09:47.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

As per the title of this thread - the greater number of deaths is due to slow response and then flaunting the rules.

Sunbathing in the park, riding your bike along the river, none essential shopping.

You can’t say you weren’t warned.
            What do you mean 'you'? I don't live in London anymore.

As for flaunting the rules, everything you mention were advised by the government as ok activities so long as people kept a 2m distance. We are still being told we can go out once a day to walk, run, cycle etc.

The high numbers of cases in London is because it's a major city with a large population, many of whom don't live near their place of work and hence need to use public transport - these are the key workers I'm referring to. Unlike us who live in the sticks and can drive to work, park free, no congestion charge .... these poor sods who run our key services are crammed into buses, trains and the tube.

Instead of being a dick, step back and have a think about what you're saying.
            Last edited by Whorty; 29 March 2020, 10:02.

Comment

As for flaunting the rules, everything you mention were advised by the government as ok activities so long as people kept a 2m distance. We are still being told we can go out once a day to walk, run, cycle etc.

The high numbers of cases in London is because it's a major city with a large population, many of whom don't live near their place of work and hence need to use public transport - these is the key workers I'm referring to. Unlike us who live in the sticks and can drive to work, park free, no congestion charge .... these poor sods who run our key services are crammed into buses, trains and the tube.

London has been slow and reluctant to lock down. And will pay a heavy price.

Cycle rides and walks aren’t essential; if you can avoid then you should.

Christ alive Italy has been telling us this for weeks.

Comment

The high numbers of cases in London is because it's a major city with a large population, many of whom don't live near their place of work and hence need to use public transport - these are the key workers I'm referring to. Unlike us who live in the sticks and can drive to work, park free, no congestion charge .... these poor sods who run our key services are crammed into buses, trains and the tube.

or, alternatively, just STFU!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  or, alternatively, just STFU!
                  Just put me on ignore sweet cheeks.

Comment

Christ alive .....
                    No he isn't.

London has been slow and reluctant to lock down
                    No it hasn't. Non-key workers have been wfh for a few weeks now. Those people pictured on the tube are key workers, crammed into tubes that are runnnig a reduced service.

London has been slow and reluctant to lock down. And will pay a heavy price.
                    Birmingham has a cases per population not too far off London, and yet you're not ranting about Brummies.

Cycle rides and walks aren’t essential; if you can avoid then you should.
                    Incorrect - you should continue to exercise, and doing this outside so long as you practice social distancing is perfectly safe. In fact, it is recommended that we should exercise and keep as healthy as possible as this could save your life if you do get the virus.

I get this doesn't fit your narrative of hating Londoners, but hey, I can't help you with that chip.

Comment

I get this doesn't fit your narrative of hating Londoners, but hey, I can't help you with that chip.
                      I don’t hate Londoners - what makes you think that?

Comment

Working...
                      X