• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why hasn’t London locked down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selfish wankerrs I just walked through the park, I stopped a rested a few times to take photos of topless girls sunbathing on the way for essential gin

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Selfish wankerrs I just walked through the park, I stopped a rested a few times to take photos of topless girls sunbathing on the way for essential gin

Now you are just encouraging more to be out
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

At least we don’t need to worry about ventilators anymore - as majority die when attached to them

Coronavirus doctor reveals he is yet to get a patient off a ventilator alive and his hospital could run out by Easter

Comment

At least we don’t need to worry about ventilators anymore - as majority die when attached to them

Coronavirus doctor reveals he is yet to get a patient off a ventilator alive and his hospital could run out by Easter

Wasn't that always quoted though? Once you need a ventilator you are almost certainly a gonna.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I thought NHS staff treating Corona victims preferred it is they had a tan?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Wasn't that always quoted though? Once you need a ventilator you are almost certainly a gonna.
              That's what MD in Private Eye said a few weeks ago. It especially applies to older people. Those over 70 who need intubation most likely won't make it even in the best of times. He say he'd opt for morphine for a peaceful end rather than being intubated and kept sedated until he dies. It's like the modern world can't cope with the fact of death.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and invariably fatal.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Strange that, it's 50/50 elsewhere and I also thought that the NHS were saying 50% of ICU patients survived . (I thought ICU meant vent)

What I'm struggling to get any info on, is why are we seem to be comparatively so poor at getting people through - the mortality rate of hospital admissions is still higher, whether you argue we are only recording on admission or not. (This doesnt work anymore now either, since NHS testing has started).

I'm using this , for analysis of the stats coming out of DHSC -
                UK Coronavirus/COVID-19 Figures (officially confirmed by DHSC and PHE on Twitter/GOV.UK)

I'm on the 'dont sit in a bloody park, even with social distancing - we've only been on lockdown 2 weeks you selfish muppets - whether you're in a flat or whatever - there's at least 10 weeks of this left if we do it properly; which we probably won't with an economy focused government in place.

London hasn't locked down, because we are trying to have our cake and eat it and damaging our chances of economic recovery and public health recovery; at equal rates by half arsing this. <wow, pent up aggression there!>

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  That's what MD in Private Eye said a few weeks ago. It especially applies to older people. Those over 70 who need intubation most likely won't make it even in the best of times. He say he'd opt for morphine for a peaceful end rather than being intubated and kept sedated until he dies. It's like the modern world can't cope with the fact of death.

"Nor strive officiously to keep alive" as someone once said.

I recall a doctor of my acquaintance having to remonstrate with a younger colleague who was preparing to go to extreme measures to keep the father of said doctor alive when his quality of life would have been dreadful.

Sometimes there are worse things than a peaceful death.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    "Nor strive officiously to keep alive" as someone once said.

I recall a doctor of my acquaintance having to remonstrate with a younger colleague who was preparing to go to extreme measures to keep the father of said doctor alive when his quality of life would have been dreadful.

Sometimes there are worse things than a peaceful death.
                    I do dislike the "life at any cost" mentality. Palliative care is another inconsistently available and underfunded area.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Anyone who has ever watched an episode of Chicago Med knows that you don't want to go on a ventilator/ECMO.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X