• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any landlords I the house :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    You mean the damp that started with the crappy tenant?
    Ah yes, all landlords are perfect, all tennants are evil benefit scroungers who probably just squeeze out babies for benefits and don't tick the boxes to make them valid human beings.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Ah yes, all landlords are perfect, all tennants are evil benefit scroungers who probably just squeeze out babies for benefits and don't tick the boxes to make them valid human beings.
      no its complicated so I ca see why you are having trouble. We might draw you a picture if you are having issues.

I just pointed out the black & white attitude of Lady Muck was incorrect. Do try reading the links, this is the social housing providers so heavily regulated quangos paying out for mould because the court normally favour the tenant as its hard to prove fault in condensation mould cases.

Now if you want to start pointing fingers here is a study about the type of tenancies that result in NOSPs (notice of eviction) again for Housing associations so accusations of malice or penny pinching don't work.

https://www.housemark.co.uk/media/18...data-final.pdf

They grouped their customers by ethnicity,deprivation and dwelling type. Yes being white British & on benefits means you are most likely to have legal arrears action.

Cluster 3: Benefit-dependent White Britishflat-dwellers• High deprivation• Almost exclusively living in flats or maisonettes• Second highest concentration of White British• Most likely to have legal arrears action• Highest users of HB Direct and several other rentpayment methods
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

no its complicated so I ca see why you are having trouble. We might draw you a picture if you are having issues.

I just pointed out the black & white attitude of Lady Muck was incorrect.
        And I just pointed out the black & white attitude of yours was incorrect.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You mean the damp that started with the crappy tenant? That doesn't occur in the house next door built & maintained the same.
          There are tools and apps for that now - turns out if you don't have money to heat the house properly you get issues..
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            There are tools and apps for that now - turns out if you don't have money to heat the house properly you get issues..
            I rented a house out that I had previously lived in for three years. No issue of mould whatsoever. First tenants lived there a year. No issue with mould. Second tenant was there six months before she was ringing me up complaining of mould in the en suite. She was a secondary school teacher with a brand new car in the drive so I assume no issues with paying her utilities.
            If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

What that housing associations were wasting a significant part of £35 million by incompetent maintenance or ambulance chasing lawyers?

Or that Tenants are not always innocent and we should improve detection so we can be sure its being fixed and people don't have to live in a mouldy dwelling even if they caused it?

or that you are being a bit thick?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Detecting the conditions and fixing them are two separate things.

Paying some scumbag lawyer is another.

Comment

This must not happen. For instance surely any poster who says all cyclists should be shot should be banned.....

Comment

FFS.

Does everything have to be spelled out in minute detail?

There are excellent tenants. There are bad tenants. There are excellent landlords. There are bad landlords. Equally, there are also poor and wealthy tenants, and poor and wealthy landlords.

Poor but good tenants at the mercy of a bad landlord (usually well off due to their dodgy practises) was the scenario I failed to spell out in the level of detail required to prevent idiots thinking I believe all landlords are bad and don't maintain their properties.

I am fortunate to have a good landlord. Not all people are so lucky.

And, yes, I do agree that tenants who fail to do basic things like open a window to let air circulate then complain about damp are in the bad tenant category no matter what they themselves may believe.

Comment

Detecting the conditions and fixing them are two separate things.

Paying some scumbag lawyer is another.
                      Detect the conditions and you should be able to start solving it before it becomes a big issue.

I know of 2 businesses focussing on housing associations who are using IoT devices to monitor houses to ensure issues are picked up and solved quickly.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X