• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any landlords I the house :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Detect the conditions and you should be able to start solving it before it becomes a big issue.

I know of 2 businesses focussing on housing associations who are using IoT devices to monitor houses to ensure issues are picked up and solved quickly.

either of these in my links?

Its been the big thing for a few years, though IOT as a service for private landlords makes sense.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      FFS.

Does everything have to be spelled out in minute detail?

There are excellent tenants. There are bad tenants. There are excellent landlords. There are bad landlords. Equally, there are also poor and wealthy tenants, and poor and wealthy landlords.

Poor but good tenants at the mercy of a bad landlord (usually well off due to their dodgy practises) was the scenario I failed to spell out in the level of detail required to prevent idiots thinking I believe all landlords are bad and don't maintain their properties.

I am fortunate to have a good landlord. Not all people are so lucky.

And, yes, I do agree that tenants who fail to do basic things like open a window to let air circulate then complain about damp are in the bad tenant category no matter what they themselves may believe.
      hmm your original post didn't suggest that level of reasonableness.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
        Have a property renting for an Auntie who popped her clogs in Dec
        Going through Probate & had already given the tenant 2 months notice to quit on the 27th of this month so it can be sold
        It will be interesting to see if he actually departs on the 27th or tries to delay due to this announcement
        Things took an interesting turn - the actual tenancy is co signed between a son & mother - the son has moved out on the date to live with his girlfriend but the mother remains
        She has already announced difficulty in paying March's rent and no doubt working in the hospitality industry things won't improve anytime soon
        Agent is starting a claim with Homelet who guarantees rents for March rent - but has already sent email about not being able to evict during current emergency - not sure if that is legally valid as the quit notice pre empted the govts statement

What to do?

Comment

Things took an interesting turn - the actual tenancy is co signed between a son & mother - the son has moved out on the date to live with his girlfriend but the mother remains
          She has already announced difficulty in paying March's rent and no doubt working in the hospitality industry things won't improve anytime soon
          Agent is starting a claim with Homelet who guarantees rents for March rent - but has already sent email about not being able to evict during current emergency - not sure if that is legally valid as the quit notice pre empted the govts statement

What to do?
          The decent thing.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

What to do?
            Move on to the next stage of the process required to evict her knowing that you aren't going to see another penny until she finally leaves and that nothing is going to happen for the next 3 months.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              The decent thing.
              What subsidise your tenant who has already failed to leave after being given formal notice?

Comment

What to do?
                Send her £500 to tide her over rasputain

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                X