• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private school refund

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private school refund

As I pay £120 per school day per child was wondering if anybody on here has ever tried to get a refund from private schools and were you successful?

Good lawyer is £ 500 per hour.

Comment

Do you pay per day? i.e are you invoiced by the school 20x£120x number of children every month?

I pay the school fees on a term by term basis with the payments being split throughout but the contractual terms are for a term with 1 term notice period...

getting a pro rata refund might be tricky.
      If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        As I pay £120 per school day per child was wondering if anybody on here has ever tried to get a refund from private schools and were you successful?
        I suspect the school is now heading rapidly towards bankruptcy and you will be at the bottom of the list of unsecured creditors.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
          Do you pay per day? i.e are you invoiced by the school 20x£120x number of children every month?

I pay the school fees on a term by term basis with the payments being split throughout but the contractual terms are for a term with 1 term notice period...

getting a pro rata refund might be tricky.
          No I pay per term, I just divided the annual school fees + mandatory meal costs by the number of actual school days per year

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I suspect the school is now heading rapidly towards bankruptcy and you will be at the bottom of the list of unsecured creditors.
            I checked their balance sheet and they have 30 million in cash

Comment

I checked their balance sheet and they have 30 million in cash
              As I corrected a audit partner 30 years ago so we could head to the pub, look at the date on the transaction, they had £30m in cash on the day in question.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There's more chance of Donald Trump becoming president of the US, Boris becoming Prime Minister and the world collapsing due a pandemic.

In other words, I seriously doubt you'll get a refund but you never know.
                England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  As I corrected a audit partner 30 years ago so we could head to the pub, look at the date on the transaction, they had £30m in cash on the day in question.
                  £ 30 mln 24 hour loan at the end of the year....

Comment

Good question, but I pay for insurance I'm hoping that will cover a refund.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                    X