• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

economic crisis death toll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social distancing could be needed into next year. This is the new normal for the foreseeable.

Whenever we step outside for whatever reason, we need to do a risk assessment on the impact of catching it.

The optimistic part of me thinks catching it now may be better than later as I feel I am in the low risk category, then once immune I can go about normal life and ensure I can look after those that may be more at risk. Presuming once immune you can't spread it to others, and also can't re-catch it either from the same or any mutated strains that come along. That is the big unknown at the moment, so it's safer to try to avoid it until some of the unknowns are figured out and there is a way of being sure one is safe and signalling that to others in whatever official way they decide.

Hopefully they will soon have tests available to the masses, ideally home diy kits, that detect if currently have it (and not normal cold or flu that must be causing many to self-isolate just because they can't be sure) or have already had it, so can be sure of the impact of breaking isolation to visit others or go on the elusive bog roll hunt that is now the riskiest game in town.

Sobering thoughts, though that may just be the lack of alcohol now the pubs are shut and the supermarkets sold out.

Stay safe and beware of the bollox as there will be much of it online and in the media.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I don't threaten. Is that better?
      Typical Christian, kill everyone who you don't agree with. You would have been a good one for the Spanish inquisition
      Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
        Typical Christian, kill everyone who you don't agree with. You would have been a good one for the Spanish inquisition
        Their two chief weapons are surprise, fear and fanatical devotion to admin....

Comment

Working...
        X