• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

economic crisis death toll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

economic crisis death toll

I suspect the death toll and years of hardship and austerity due to the economic crisis that's upon us will be higher
    and hitting us harder, then the actual virus, which only causes some mild cold for 99% of the population. I hope the lesson learned will be never to shut down the economy anymore for such a minor illness.
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    I suspect the death toll and years of hardship and austerity due to the economic crisis that's upon us will be higher
    and hitting us harder, then the actual virus, which only causes some mild cold for 99% of the population. I hope the lesson learned will be never to shut down the economy anymore for such a minor illness.
    Twat.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

No, it won't cause some mild cold for 99% of the population, it causes mild symptoms for 80% of the population.

14% will require medical invention.

6% will be in such respiratory distress that they will require machines to breathe for them.

Coronavirus symptoms: What are they and how do I protect myself? - BBC News

Get your facts straight.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        No, it won't cause some mild cold for 99% of the population, it causes mild symptoms for 80% of the population.

14% will require medical invention.

6% will be in such respiratory distress that they will require machines to breathe for them.

Coronavirus symptoms: What are they and how do I protect myself? - BBC News

Get your facts straight.
        Exactly - moronic statements from an idiot. Though I felt BlueSharp's response with pithier.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That’s pretty idiotic dude, it’s in shaunbhoy territory, not cool bro

Comment

This is factually incorrect.

However I am concerned people will start to think like this. That some people are too old or too vulnerable to live. That air travel should just continue so they can still have good experiences - if you get the virus and survive great - if you die oh well. And that maybe there should be no ICU units to save money - give people morphine instead.

As soon as you start that, you are immediately into VERY dangerous territory. Suppose someone decides that YOU are no longer needed? But it gets worse.

My brother hung himself a year ago. It is comforating that he was contented when he died - but for those he left it is devastating. The current crisis bought that out yet again - he would be very useful right now.

Suppose someone you know dies? How would you feel?

When any sector becomes any less human, it is VERY dangerous ground.

I might add I hope you don't get banned - I hope you can be convinced what you posted is very wrong. I prefer to convert people rather than abuse - take MF and autism.....

Comment

So a handful die of Corona who would have died anyway at the next flu or common cold infection. The whole world has to suffer a long lasting economic crisis. Most people here are idiots. But hey great this Dunkirk spirit of raiding shops and leaving nothing for the people who can s till think clearly.
              Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

I'd have thought somebody with such low mental capability that they must have trouble remembering to breathe would be a little more grateful of the preparation.

Comment

I wonder if Trump secretly wishes he could choose option B.

(A) Flatten the infection curve at any cost
                  Lower death toll
                  Major impact on economy and future prosperity

(B) Do nothing, let the virus take its course
                  Higher death toll
                  Minor impact on economy
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

By the way, you realise the Flu has a mortality down somewhere around 0.1%. This thing is anything up from about 1.5%.

To compare it to the flu or, Jesus Christ, the common cold displays an ignorance and level of stupidity that is truly hard to fathom.

Comment

Working...
                    X