• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Waitrose

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As many supermarkets have pledged to keep the first hour for the vulnerable, the best time to get the best pick of the stock at just after 10 am I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      As many supermarkets have pledged to keep the first hour for the vulnerable, the best time to get the best pick of the stock at just after 10 am I reckon.
      Some areas near me are so filled with pensioners I reckon the first hour would be chaos.

Comment

Being as my lemons were for my wife, who has a cough, to make Hot Toddy's it was for an OAP who was self isolating. Apparently if they'd had bags of lemons I would have been allowed 3 bags.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I was in Sainsburys the other day. They had tonic!

I also purchased another bottle of gin.

The checkout assistant looked very amused.
          Are you planning to drink this soon?

A number of people I know have stopped drinking if they are 45 or older. Alcohol really impacts the ability of the immune system to respond and in this pandemic it's probably advisable to concentrate on getting as fit as possible rather than boozing.
          The older you are the more you should try keep fit for the next few months. I'm just being direct and honest.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
            Are you planning to drink this soon?

A number of people I know have stopped drinking if they are 45 or older. Alcohol really impacts the ability of the immune system to respond and in this pandemic it's probably advisable to concentrate on getting as fit as possible rather than boozing.
            The older you are the more you should try keep fit for the next few months. I'm just being direct and honest.
            Yep - all in one go....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yep - all in one go....
              I presume that's a joke.

In fairness lots of British people think their diet is excellent and they're fit, but don't realise that their boozing and bad diet is actually the cause of most of the ills as they age.

One look around the supermarket last week confirmed that the UK is likely to be much worse hit than Italy. I hope it is not so, but deep down I think we know it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                I presume that's a joke.

In fairness lots of British people think their diet is excellent and they're fit, but don't realise that their boozing and bad diet is actually the cause of most of the ills as they age.

One look around the supermarket last week confirmed that the UK is likely to be much worse hit than Italy. I hope it is not so, but deep down I think we know it's true.
                are you presbyterian by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  No. Religion is for those of incomplete or malformed constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    More likely a recovered alcoholic.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

More likely a recovered alcoholic.
                      or from aberdeen/ edinburgh

Comment

Working...
                      X