• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

no words

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Germany has 29 ICU beds per 100,000.

Italy has 12.

UK has 6.

What do you think?

I think your fooked.

Beyond reckoning how people voted Tory to starve the NHS of cash all those years but the electorate loves it...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

https://twitter.com/richardhorton1/s...94842831982592

editor of the lancet if you are wondering who he is

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
        https://twitter.com/richardhorton1/s...94842831982592

editor of the lancet if you are wondering who he is
        Yes, he's totally on the ball isn't he...

richard horton
        @richardhorton1
        ·
        Jan 24
        A call for caution please. Media are escalating anxiety by talking of a “killer virus” + “growing fears”. In truth, from what we currently know, 2019-nCoV has moderate transmissibility and relatively low pathogenicity. There is no reason to foster panic with exaggerated language.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
          Looks harsh, but we need to keep this in perspective. All hospitals have scenes like this (ventilators etc) in some wards even without this epidemic. What's different here is the scale of how many more people there are who are suffering. But it is still the case that only a very small percentage of the population as a whole are affected, even in Italy. Even if there are 60,000 people in the UK with it, that's still only 1 in a 1000.

Comment

I was told I'm one in a million once.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I think your fooked.

Beyond reckoning how people voted Tory to starve the NHS of cash all those years but the electorate loves it...
              even if they could chuck in another 100 billion in NHS , we still would not have have same number of icu beds as in Germany, as most money would have ended up as bonuses of managers.
              In this crisis Germany is the best place to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                In this crisis Germany is the best place to be in.
                I don't know, they would probably chuck your parents off a ventilator to make way for a couple of workshy Syrians.

Comment

Working...
                X