• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monitoring internet usage in the house- feckin teenagers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitoring internet usage in the house- feckin teenagers

So schools are off....
    Teen doing his GCSEs this year. Decided theres no point now.

No way Jose, school have given you 4 hours of work to do each say (for now). He ain't playing Call of Duty for 15 hours a day for next 3 months.
    So we talk him and say school work first. 1st day, out of bed, call of duty. Little tulipe.

So after some bad attitude of yeh yeh. Im going to do it I can hear him talking upstairs on his headset. Can guarantee he'll say "doing schoolwork".

Any way to monitor what individual pc is accessing? Apps etc. Ideally not something I'd have to install on his PC.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Blame the kid for bad parenting? Way to go PC.

Poor little bugger.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Blame the kid for bad parenting? Way to go PC.

Poor little bugger.
      NLUK - Hes got Aspergers and behavioural problems which doesnt make things easy. Can't blame me for that one.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Ports Used for Call of Duty Games

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          So schools are off....

No way Jose, school have given you 4 hours of work to do each say (for now). He ain't playing Call of Duty for 15 hours a day for next 3 months.
          So we talk him and say school work first. 1st day, out of bed, call of duty. Little tulipe.

So after some bad attitude of yeh yeh. Im going to do it I can hear him talking upstairs on his headset. Can guarantee he'll say "doing schoolwork".

Any way to monitor what individual pc is accessing? Apps etc. Ideally not something I'd have to install on his PC.
          Some routers can be configured to block access to certain sites. Make sure you password-protect the router afterwards, because the little tulipe will know how to change it back.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

NLUK - Hes got Aspergers and behavioural problems which doesnt make things easy. Can't blame me for that one.
            Ughhh.. Fair point. Sorry.

I would have said try a piece of software called K9. Used it on ours and it worked a dream. Sadly I see on the web it's closed down. Not sure what stepped in to replace it.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 20 March 2020, 12:17.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What are his plans for after GCSEs?

Can you work towards those?

Doing work for the sake of it will not wash with many teenagers.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                What are his plans for after GCSEs?
                eOlympics medallist, so give the kid a break.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

If it is xbox then...

Microsoft account | Your family

reports back on usage of websites, apps and stuff. Restricts hours.

Comment

So schools are off....

Removing his keyboard and mouse should be within your skillset.

Comment

Working...
                    X