• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tim Martin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim Martin

“ Responding to suggestions that he should not be issuing pronouncements on how to deal with coronavirus, Wetherspoons boss Tim Martin said he was entitled to make public statements on the outbreak.

We’re a democracy aren’t we? I’m obviously not an expert, nor am I an economist, but i’ve got a view and that’s all I can say. People can accept it or not. Even if you’re not an epidemiologist you can look at what other countries do and weigh up what’s happened.”

The pub chain has said its 870 UK pubs will stay open but with precautions in place, such as no standing at the bar, frequent surface wipedowns and customers asked to sit far apart from each other where possible.“

Pound jumps and markets rebound as firms await wage rescue plan - business live | Business | The Guardian

So he is not an expert, but decides to keep pubs open because it’s democracy innit? What a twat, plus tulip beer there anyway.

All the leavers herd in the petri dish that is Whetherspoons. Even Goebbels would be proud of this final solution.

Have to admit, has a sort of idiotic symmetry to it.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If boris had the balls to force them to close then those whinging about pubs staying open would have a point.

All you fair weather drinkers don't start crying into your shandy if your local closes due to lack of support.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

If they allowed places to deliver booze to houses during this it would make a difference.

I would have a rare old time with my 25kg of Farmfoods meatballs in the freezer and a daily drop of stellas.

Comment

"Responding to suggestions that he should not be issuing pronouncements on how to deal with coronavirus, Facebook user (insert your name here) said he was entitled to make public statements on the outbreak."

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            If they allowed places to deliver booze to houses during this it would make a difference.

I would have a rare old time with my 25kg of Farmfoods meatballs in the freezer and a daily drop of stellas.
            They do - supermarkets and craft breweries deliver.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Wetherspoons share price up 30% today, presumably on this news.
              I suspect, though, that Wetherspoons will go bust if he does close its pubs, because their balance sheet looks rubbish, with £300 owing this year.

Annual Report & Statements - J D Wetherspoon plc (JDW)

Comment

Fking bots picking up on comoany name, key guy and supposedly positive text

Comment

Working...
                X