• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage Holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    Makes it sound great, all you can eat, free bar, tempting pool and great healthy tan included...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I can see the new question on future mortgage applications.

"Have you ever had a mortgage holiday (meaning you struggled to pay in the past)".

Mortgage application rejected.
      Good! If a wobble 5 yrs and 11 months ago is relevant to a lending decision now, so should the fact that someone had to use a holiday in the current time frame, when they need a loan in 5 yrs and 11 months time.

Payment holidays should show on credit history, end of.

M

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
        Good! If a wobble 5 yrs and 11 months ago is relevant to a lending decision now, so should the fact that someone had to use a holiday in the current time frame, when they need a loan in 5 yrs and 11 months time.

Payment holidays should show on credit history, end of.

M
        Nah. Landlords could use it if tenants are having problems paying so just deferring until they can. Landlord shouldn't have a mark on his credit because he's helping a tenant out IMO.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Rich contractors don't have mortgages. They have a massive house, all paid off, and 2 years warchest in cash waiting for the next downturn.

Only permies are saddled with debt and misery.
          You only have 2 years warchest?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
          X