• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government to front 80% of wages up to £2500/month

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Exactly. Capitalism will come to you like an asteroid otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isn't Germany doing pretty much exactly the same as the UK, with the extension of Kurzarbeit and providing 550Billion in corporate loans?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
      designate affected employees as ‘furloughed workers,’ and notify your employees of this change
      My reading of this is that if you're still working, and as a freelancer/contractor that includes looking for work, you're getting nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ittony View Post
        My reading of this is that if you're still working, and as a freelancer/contractor that includes looking for work, you're getting nothing.
        Well there is a page on this very website, on claiming JSA while contract seeking. So I guess that point is wrong straight away.

Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) – overview for contractors

All joking aside, if my current client told me they were shutting down because of the virus, and my income would be zero. Why wouldn't that money be to help people in that situation?
        Last edited by escapeUK; 20 March 2020, 20:52.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
          Isn't Germany doing pretty much exactly the same as the UK, with the extension of Kurzarbeit and providing 550Billion in corporate loans?

They've not reached the stage of paying folks salaries from the magic money tree. However, loans are available from what I understand here in the state of Bavaria, don't know about the other states.

Ohh and the shelves haven't been raided...

Despite coronavirus hamster shopping, shelves will keep on being filled

There was an interesting graphic doing the rounds the other night on which EU countries are clearing out the local supermarket shelves. The were also the same countries where Murdoch dominates the media.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Well there is a page on this very website, on claiming JSA while contract seeking. So I guess that point is wrong straight away.

All joking aside, if my current client told me they were shutting down because of the virus, and my income would be zero. Why wouldn't that money be to help people in that situation?
            No it wouldn't. The business income would be zero. Cretin.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Our client told us today as well that they're stopping the project and all contractors/3rd parties are out at the end of the month, so even if it's the minimum of 80% of a small salary, it just seems fair that if other workers can apply we should be able to apply as well.

I had a brief look and there are not many offers going on at the moment, understandably, and this is not a normal situation where one cannot find a project for a few months. Companies might have problems hiring people for much longer than in normal circumstances...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Money is made up. Remember when the banks needed bailing out because they’d thrown all their money away, and magically a load of money the government made up out of nothing was there for them, and they gave themselves big bonuses with it? Same thing
                It's only a matter of time before creating money catches up to everybody. That is a 100% fact. Every fiat currency ever has failed. My guess is that it will come a few years after the virus ends.

TBH I have been saying this for about 15 years so I obviously don't know what I am talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  No it wouldn't. The business income would be zero. Cretin.
                  I'm paid by the business imbecile, and these measures are to do with individuals income, which is why I said "my" income.

Comment

Originally posted by mickael28 View Post
                    Our client told us today as well that they're stopping the project and all contractors/3rd parties are out at the end of the month, so even if it's the minimum of 80% of a small salary, it just seems fair that if other workers can apply we should be able to apply as well.
                    Why? They don't have a job. You do have a business.

Always the same with cretins. They want everything that comes with being a small business but when it suits them they want everything that comes with employees as well. No wonder the general public has little sympathy for us.

Comment

I'm paid by the business imbecile, and these measures are to do with individuals income, which is why I said "my" income.
                      But you've got reserves in the business. Like any business has. You claiming money off the gov when you've got 100's of K in the business makes you look like a complete

Comment

Working...
                      X