• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government to front 80% of wages up to £2500/month

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    why don't you dig a hole in your beloved fatherland and pull it in behind you?, fecking Ersatz Eric!

bampot.
    Thats an unusually long post by you Godlike?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      But you've got reserves in the business. Like any business has. You claiming money off the gov when you've got 100's of K in the business makes you look like a complete
      You are just talking utter nonsense now. Where did he say, this only applies to businesses who have no cash in the bank? I even marked it in bold for slow learners like you.

All UK businesses are eligible.

Do you understand the word all? Maybe you want to ask your accountant as the only idiot who still hasn't worked out how to do accounts himself after 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        You are just talking utter nonsense now. Where did he say, this only applies to businesses who have no cash in the bank? I even marked it in bold for slow learners like you.

All UK businesses are eligible.

Do you understand the word all? Maybe you want to ask your accountant as the only idiot who still hasn't worked out how to do accounts himself after 10 years.
        Now go back and highlight the word employee in your original quote and the try and find an employee in your company.... because there aren't any.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
          my guess is end of may your umbrella can pay you 80% till you get a new gig
          There is no way the umbrella will pay me anything but it sounds like my LTD can mark me as a furlong worker and pay me until it runs out of money. Presuming I will be eligible for universal credits and other support as well.

I guess after that its over to JSA and universal credits.

Hopefully won't come to it all but with this and mortgage payment holidays, my war chest and other savings feeling a bit better than I did yesterday.

I can't imagine the fear going through some of the people in the country at the moment who are losing their jobs with little to no savings etc. Well I can because we no doubt all know a few
          Last edited by dx4100; 20 March 2020, 21:30.

Comment

Guys...

I know we go hard at each other in these forums but its probably time for us to calm it down a bit. The world is burning and people are on fire.

We are not all equal, we aren't all on massive day rates (relatively speaking), we aren't all just trying to sponge of the government with £100k in the business bank account and try to get more out of them, we haven't all got war chests that will see us through a storm of this size....

Its probably time to be a little more supportive and a little less twatty with each other.

Comment

Now go back and highlight the word employee in your original quote and the try and find an employee in your company.... because there aren't any.
              Well I have HMRC employer reference code, and I submit real time info for all my employees (me) as they have asked me to do. Equally I'll be issuing all employees a P60.

So whatever you think is irrelevant (as usual, every single post you make). Anyway, I'm going to enjoy every penny I get (if that's what I do) I might even take pictures of the things I buy so you can see what you are missing out on.

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
              Its probably time to be a little more supportive and a little less twatty with each other.
              I agree with you. For everyone but him.

I can't imagine the fear going through some of the people in the country at the moment who are losing their jobs with little to no savings etc. Well I can because we no doubt all know a few
              Exactly. This is exactly what these measures are for. So ignore Mr Negative and look after yourself and claim what you need to survive as an equal a valuable part of society, not as a second class citizen who is always a victim.
              Last edited by escapeUK; 20 March 2020, 21:37.

Comment

But you've got reserves in the business. Like any business has. You claiming money off the gov when you've got 100's of K in the business makes you look like a complete
                So much like any other business out there then - which this offer is aimed at?

As a Director I run my business, I have a business plan and I have a strategic plan for the future for myself and my employees. If I can see that at some point in the future I will be making a loss then I will make endeavours to rectify that i.e. apply for this 80% government payout. That is the same for any business whether they're the local fab shop down the road or a significant Airline business, for example.

As a Director I have to do my best to look after my employees, it doesn't matter if I happen to be one of them. If your a true Contractor then you should be looking at this from a business perspective. Ignore all personal funds (if sole employee). If your business forecast has sufficient funds to clear your financial year then I would avoid this offer, if not then apply as any other business would. If you've lost all business income only because of this then I think its fair.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  Well I have HMRC employer reference code, and I submit real time info for all my employees (me) as they have asked me to do. Equally I'll be issuing all employees a P60.

So whatever you think is irrelevant (as usual, every single post you make). Anyway, I'm going to enjoy every penny I get (if that's what I do) I might even take pictures of the things I buy so you can see what you are missing out on.
                  Well if you've been paying yours employee under the NMW you've been breaking the law. Good luck admitting that to HMRC when you are after your pennies.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Guys...

I know we go hard at each other in these forums but its probably time for us to calm it down a bit. The world is burning and people are on fire.

We are not all equal, we aren't all on massive day rates (relatively speaking), we aren't all just trying to sponge of the government with £100k in the business bank account and try to get more out of them, we haven't all got war chests that will see us through a storm of this size....

Most relevant post I've seen so far (in my very very new time here). maybe its time to open up a post about anyone looking for sub contract work that could take on someone whos had there contract terminated, or is that not allowed?

Comment

Why? They don't have a job. You do have a business.

Always the same with cretins. They want everything that comes with being a small business but when it suits them they want everything that comes with employees as well. No wonder the general public has little sympathy for us.
                      Yes, a business without income, like all others who are laying people off now and which won't hire contractors either.

This is affecting everyone now, if you want to compare this situation to how things were before this happened you sound the typical hypocrite that don't understand the bigger picture. I'm sure if you were younger you'll be partying around with your mates and not caring about the rest of society as a whole.

They create rules for a reason, if we cannot apply for it due to the conditions, then we'll have to decide what's best to do next but if we can and it's totally legal I don't see why we shouldn't if our conditions allow us.

Comment

Working...
                      X