• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government to front 80% of wages up to £2500/month

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jemetpl View Post
    I think Sunak said this during his speech on Friday but I could be wrong.

If umbrella contractors aren’t covered, I’m puzzled to what our status actually is. Are we employees or self employed?
    You're a no rights employee. An employee only for tax purposes. Same as those on zero hours contracts.
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
      You're a no rights employee. An employee only for tax purposes. Same as those on zero hours contracts.
      Please refer me to the specific legislation that sets out this status.

Comment

There are bits of legislation and when you out them together you fall through the gaps.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          There are bits of legislation and when you out them together you fall through the gaps.
          Yes this. It's part of what all the fuss over IR35 changes has been about.
          If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

That's now how the law works. You need to find the law which makes you an employee and gives you rights.

Comment

Working...
            X