• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Survivors 1970's BBC series

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survivors 1970's BBC series

Does any one remember this from the 1970's - quite apt now

Survivors (1975 TV series) - Wikipedia

Indeed though now we know it's flawed because as the scientists now tell us deadly diseases can't spread because they kill the host too quickly. Unfortunately this plot won't work anymore, as it relies on everyone having no experience of a pandemic.

The same with Zombie movies. Shows everyone on the streets mingling, but as we know now cities would be put in lock down and the Zombies mowed down by the army before it got too bad.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Indeed though now we know it's flawed because as the scientists now tell us deadly diseases can't spread because they kill the host too quickly. Unfortunately this plot won't work anymore, as it relies on everyone having no experience of a pandemic.

The same with Zombie movies. Shows everyone on the streets mingling, but as we know now cities would be put in lock down and the Zombies mowed down by the army before it got too bad.

Isn't the entire point of zombie movies that they are ridiculous?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Isn't the entire point of zombie movies that they are ridiculous?
        I don't know about you but I think they should keep an eye on the patients that have discharged themselves from hospital.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by TrickyDicky View Post
          Does any one remember this from the 1970's - quite apt now

Survivors (1975 TV series) - Wikipedia
          Yes and the one from 2008. Definitely worth watching again so as to know what to expect.

Comment

If you spot someone looking like Brian Blessed then run for the hills!

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            I can't remember how many times I've posted that.

Run for the hills if you spot a chap who looks like Brian Blessed.
            With over 7 billion to infect, sommat will come along sooner or later.

Hence the twitchiness over ebola, marberg, green monkey disease and lassa fever.

It's being so cheerful that keeps me going.

That and watching "Survivors"* or "Jeremiah".

*The proper Terry Nation series with Brian Blessed not the inferior more recent version.

Ah, the proper one. with Brian Blessed.

Morning.

Dampish side of dry.

Fluffy white clouds with some blue.

Vaguely sunnyish.
            Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I wasn't in the mood for the unremittingly downbeat Spiral this evening, so I started rewatching the excellent Early Doors (2003). And then, as the death of 90% of the world's population is still more cheerful than the French detectives manage, I also started rewatching Survivors (1975); I originally started rewatching it the other year, but for some reason didn't continue with it, so now I have to start again

Goodnight all
            He's stuck in 1885 with a borked time machine.

I was implying that the current Chinese solution will end up like Survivors.

It's SARS all over again with 7.5 billion croaked.

It's being so cheerful that keeps me going.

So did the stuff get picked up on schedule, LM?

Just finished Back to the Future Part Three, now sort of watching Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom.

I seem to be rather less impressed with Mr Jones efforts than I was 30 odd years ago.

At this rate I'll never get to the 4th one.
            Cue the doomladen music to "Survivors (1975)".

Keep your shotguns loaded & go easy on the baked beans.

YouTube
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 March 2020, 10:35.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I think the good Doctor S needs to get out more.

Oh, hang on...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Full series here:

YouTube

Comment

Working...
                X