• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus vs Natural Deaths

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Please stop following me around on here,
    OK, Dr Minesy, let’s get this straight. You are the one stalking me on here.

Here’s your first post on this thread:
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    No there isn't.
    Look who it’s replying to.

You joined the thread with the sole purpose of replying to me.

One day you’ll learn how to argue and debate facts, rather than being a keyboard warrior who attacks other posters, thinking you’re some hilariously funny genius.
    You’re not.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There seems to be two attitudes going on:
      1. “I’m going to catch it anyway, may as well catch it early, so I’m not going to change my actions”. Unfortunately, they are too late to catch it “early”, and their concern is only for themselves, not sick/elderly friends & relatives and not the NHS.

2. “I need to do my best not to catch it while keeping in contact with the sick/elderly but not visiting.” These ones are trying to flatten the curve, but it’s already late in the day to start.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        I could say te same for yourself fella ..... what's it like agreeing with oPM. PurpleG and those who are hysterical?
        You keep accusing people of being hysterical with every post. Some people might be. I'm merely pointing out that the implication of this thread is ridiculous. There are going to be many more deaths this year than is usual, and of younger people who would otherwise not have died

Even with the half hearted social distancing measures implemented so far but not enforced like other countries, the NHS is going to be overwelmed. It's far from the best system in Europe. It's not just the cost of CV19, it the cost of all other diseases that won't be able to be treated because of it.

These are facts not being "hysterical". One of us can apologise to the congregation for being wrong in a month or so. I genuinely hope it will me.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          There seems to be two attitudes going on:
          1. “I’m going to catch it anyway, may as well catch it early, so I’m not going to change my actions”. Unfortunately, they are too late to catch it “early”, and their concern is only for themselves, not sick/elderly friends & relatives and not the NHS.

2. “I need to do my best not to catch it while keeping in contact with the sick/elderly but not visiting.” These ones are trying to flatten the curve, but it’s already late in the day to start.
          There is also a 3rd, which is similar to 2 but extends to protecting everyone from me and not just protecting me from everyone. If we all assume we have the virus, and work to protect others from us, then we can flatten the curve and shorten the tail.

And before anyone pops up again and tells me I'm not taking this seriously just because I'm not hysterical, let me re-iterate my personal circumstances for the hard of reading. My wife is seriously ill. She already has an advanced directive in place. This says that, if she gets to a certain stage she will refuse ICU treatment and being kept alive via ventilator. This is all prior to this virus being known about and is linked directly to her illness, but now has become even more 'now' for us. I know that if she gets this virus, and gets it bad, that I could very well lose her.

Now does someone else want to come on here and tell me I don't take this seriously?

I may not be in a panic or acting hysterically, but I have someone personally to lose so yes, I do take this seriously. I just act rather than scaremonger online.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Incidentally, Ive been in the UK for 3 weeks. Originally meant to just visit for a week to sort out some property issues for pater. 2 weeks ago just as I was about to return, I developed a fever (fluctuating), 3 days later a dry cough which kept me up for a few nights (and which I still have intermittently). Called 111 took hours to get through, asked me if I had trouble breathing, I said no. I asked to be tested they said they only test people who present seriously ill at hospital. Frustrating not to know whether I've had it or not. Missus has being going spare with worry but glad I caught whatever it was away from family.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

.. It's not just the cost of CV19, it the cost of all other diseases that won't be able to be treated because of it. ...
              This is very true, and something I haven't seen much mentioned - Other diseases, and mishaps such as bad car accidents or even a terrorist attack.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

There is also a 3rd, which is similar to 2 but extends to protecting everyone from me and not just protecting me from everyone. If we all assume we have the virus, and work to protect others from us, then we can flatten the curve and shorten the tail.

And before anyone pops up again and tells me I'm not taking this seriously just because I'm not hysterical, let me re-iterate my personal circumstances for the hard of reading. My wife is seriously ill. She already has an advanced directive in place. This says that, if she gets to a certain stage she will refuse ICU treatment and being kept alive via ventilator. This is all prior to this virus being known about and is linked directly to her illness, but now has become even more 'now' for us. I know that if she gets this virus, and gets it bad, that I could very well lose her.

Now does someone else want to come on here and tell me I don't take this seriously?

I may not be in a panic or acting hysterically, but I have someone personally to lose so yes, I do take this seriously. I just act rather than scaremonger online.

You are acting hysterically by accusing everyone else of being hysterical with every post. Maybe you are hysterical but just in denial
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Incidentally, Ive been in the UK for 3 weeks. Originally meant to just visit for a week to sort out some property issues for pater. 2 weeks ago just as I was about to return, I developed a fever (fluctuating), 3 days later a dry cough which kept me up for a few nights (and which I still have intermittently). Called 111 took hours to get through, asked me if I had trouble breathing, I said no. I asked to be tested they said they only test people who present seriously ill at hospital. Frustrating not to know whether I've had it or not. Missus has being going spare with worry but glad I caught whatever it was away from family.
                  Hope you get well soon. Apparently many people get well in 7 days which is stage 1 of this virus. However for some who gets to stage 2 which lasts upto 25 days then breathing problems can arise.

Comment

Hope you will feel better soon!

What were the fever temps? Headache?

Comment

I could say te same for yourself fella ..... what's it like agreeing with oPM. PurpleG and those who are hysterical?
                      Interestingly I am in the camp that thinks it is not going to be as bad as Italy, whereas my brother is convinced it is and we are about 14 days behind them.

Only time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                      X