• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus vs Natural Deaths

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    I can neither confirm or deny if my real name is Wolgang Wodarg
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

More SFI: Coronavirus: 'Unprecedented scenes' on Welsh hills - BBC News

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Well if British people continue to act like this, it will be like Italy:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I see in press reports that London parks are "heaving". Draw your own conclusions.
        And the mountains

And the coast

And the country side

And people are having house and garden parties

- my conclusion is people are fecking stupid idiots!
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          OK, next question, to which I realise possibly nobody yet knows the answer:

Does catching and recovering from the L variant offer much subsequent protection against the naughtier one?

If so then might it not make sense to deliberately infect selected people, under controlled conditions, with the L version and enhance partial herd immunity that way? Although of course what nobody needs is to cop both variants at the same time!
          Read a medical article the other day (don't have a link, sorry) that said there is currently no evidence that anyone who has already had the virus has subsequently caught the virus. There is evidence from other coronaviruses that once caught the individual is afforded some immunity, but the length of this immunity is not forever (it varies per virus and individual).

What they have seen though, in a very few individuals, is those who have had the virus and recovered, have then had a subsequent flare up of the symptoms. A very very few individuals, but even so, probably suggests you don't want to get the virus intentionally. Bets to just be careful, keep washing those hands (were people not doing this anyway?) and stay away from kids and old people (no one needs to ask me twice to do this )

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            And the mountains

And the coast

And the country side

And people are having house and garden parties

- my conclusion is people are fecking stupid idiots!
            Yup.

Comment

I do feel a lot better already.
              I didn't have a thermometer so don't know how hot I was.
              Didn't feel any worse than a normal flu though. Slight headache.
              Worst thing was the cough - doesn't let you rest.

Annoyed with lack of testing though - this could very well be a "normal" flu. So I could still be at risk of "real" CV19.
              I just don't know.
              Similar here. Over the past few weeks we've been in Berlin, London, Brussels, Strasbourg and various German towns and in quite close contact with a lot of people due to attending concerts, parties, events, etc. I've also had the cough but not too bad, the headaches, dodgy stomach but also feeling knackered half the time in that I have to have a kip in the afternoon (apparently a feeling like jetlag is one of the symptoms.) Feel quite good apart from all that...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/22/germany-low-coronavirus-mortality-rate-puzzles-experts
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Maybe this virus will act as a gammon and stupid culler
                Don't gammon stick in the muds tend to holiday in Clacton on Sea, if they go anywhere?

It's more likely to be a cosmopolitan, sophisticated, man-of-the-world culler. Sounds like one of them has had a close shave already
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Don't gammon stick in the muds tend to holiday in Clacton on Sea, if they go anywhere?

It's more likely to be a cosmopolitan, sophisticated, man-of-the-world culler. Sounds like one of them has had a close shave already
                  Nope. Have you not seen what's been happening in Wales, Yorkshire, Essex etc. this weekend (and London parks too to be fair)?
                  Read the news.
                  No social distancing whatsoever.
                  This warm weekend may go down as the time the virus spread most in the UK pop.
                  Govt negligence in not locking down has been criminal, but this is the UK, people are too stupid to see it.

Whorty is about to be proved very wrong indeed.
                  Last edited by sasguru; 22 March 2020, 16:38.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Nope. Have you not seen what's been happening in Wales, Yorkshire, Essex etc. this weekend (and London parks too to be fair)?
                    Read the news.
                    No social distancing whatsoever.
                    This warm weekend may go down as the time the virus spread most in the UK pop.
                    Govt negligence in not locking down has been criminal, but this is the UK, people are too stupid to see it.

Whorty is about to be proved very wrong indeed.
                    This is what happens when, for the last 4 years of Brexit propaganda, you've conditioned the entire population to discount the "project fear" of experts.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                      This is what happens when, for the last 4 years of Brexit propaganda, you've conditioned the entire population to discount the "project fear" of experts.
                      I just hope to listen to all "experts". Like the pope.

The country was told a leave vote would result in immediate recession. I have more faith in a friend of mine who still believes Nibiru is coming. 2012 was supposed to be the peak of that. But that was still just the beginning and the government is still covering it up.

Still wheeling out these "experts" allows the rich to manipulate the poor and inequality to keep growing. I hope COV19 might reduce inequality - no doubt I will be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                      X