• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus vs Natural Deaths

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    wibble
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    wibble wibble.
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    wibble wobble
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    wibble
    Ah bless. Looks like the forum cretins had a little huddle late in the evening when the clever meanies couldn't get them.

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Can't you lot give the a rest.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
        Sorry, you're right - just a bit bored at the mo. Will leave it off.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Sorry, you're right - just a bit bored at the mo. Will leave it off.
          why don't you just F**k off, you insufferable twat.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            why don't you just F**k off, you insufferable twat.
            TBF, I thought he'd flounced off again.

Don't scare him away, he's always good for a bit of banter when it's a quiet day in the office
            Last edited by Whorty; 24 March 2020, 09:46.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
              We are in lockdown
              We are in general

HTH

Besides it’s just assguru, nobody with anything important to do...he retired off to Portugal like all the other Richie riches allegedly do
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Even in children it can have complications. Which is why vaccination is to be preferred.
                Then why does the UK NOT routinely vaccinate children against this disease whilst other countries do?

Comment

And so it begins.....

Many are calling this an example of the classic "Trolley Problem".

Save the pensioners and the vulnerable (the so-called 2.5%), but the economy tanks if the "lockdown" continues for too long and the knock-on effects of massive business closures, unemployment, homelessness etc means, ultimately, many more will die.

Or, save the economy. More people remain alive, but we have to allow the 2.5% to die in order to achieve it.
                  Last edited by billybiro; 24 March 2020, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post

Many are calling this an example of the classic "Trolley Problem".

Save the pensioners and the vulnerable (the so-called 2.5%), but the economy tanks if the "lockdown" continues for too long and the knock-on effects of massive business closures, unemployment, homelessness etc means, ultimately, many more will die.

Or, save the economy. More people remain alive, but we have to allow the 2.5% to die in order to achieve it.
                    The problem is, that alone is a flawed analysis. It's not just the 2.5% - it's the knock on effect. No matter what we do, we're going to see huge amounts of people have time off work and huge, unbelievable strain on the NHS. That means people who have accidents, unrelated illnesses and so on are also going to die. And what of the "vulnerable" - this time 2 years ago my son had his second open heart surgery. Before that time he would in the group that probably wouldn't survive this - now he likely will.

This idea that it's "just" pensioners and old people or "just" 2.5% is deeply flawed and plain incorrect. Here's an example near me, already: 'Fit and healthy' 36-year-old UK nurse in intensive care with coronavirus | World news | The Guardian

COVID is coming regardless, and it's going to be devastating if we don't take action. This isn't a binary choice for the economy - there is no "minimal economic disruption option"

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                      Then why does the UK NOT routinely vaccinate children against this disease whilst other countries do?
                      It is to protect adults.

As most people have had it they think it will increase the risk of chicken pox and shingles in adults.

There is a shingles vaccination but it is only for those 70+.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X