• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The Times reports this is happening.

What happens is a dumb idiot reads the reports and thinks "Dumb idiots, doing all this panic buying. Oh well, better go to the supermarket and stock up, otherwise the dumb idiots will get it all".
    I nearly panicked when I saw the nearly empty wine aisle in the local Sainsburys. Then I remembered I lived within 10 minutes walk of 3 shops that have plenty of wine in stock plus a petrol station that sells wine.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bigger problem is that shopping a basket daily will increase risk - whole strategy os sitting tight might be undone, poeple need to be able to buy for a week or better two - should have fooking thought about it not even 2-3 minths ago but decades as part of contingency planning which clearly non-existant in this country.

Comment

Everybody should be inside and whole streets should get deliveries at set time 0f basic necessities for at least 30 days - no fooking leaving unless with permit (critical workers).

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Everybody should be inside and whole streets should get deliveries at set time 0f basic necessities for at least 30 days - no fooking leaving unless with permit (critical workers).
          Mmmm that sounds similar to a particular country.....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Mmmm that sounds similar to a particular country.....
            That's what China did and now they are getting zero domestic infections - you’ve got to lockdown really hard from start, it is a lot cheaper long term and saves a lot more lives too.

Comment

UK military planners drafted in to help feed vulnerable in Covid-19 outbreak | World news | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                I thought you were against totalitarianism? Anyway, there's no way Britain could get that organised.

Even in France, where you can't go out with a certificate accepts that people need to go out - even just for exercise. A brisk walk daily boosts the immune system - just keep 2m away from anyone else and you neither risk your own health, nor anyone else's. Plus - dogs need to be walked.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Could not even get close to Asda today (run out of fever tree tonic for gin) about 1000 people outside all trying to jump the queue - All within pushing distance - all these people will cause London to be worse than Italy

Had to make do with emergency tonic (sweppts)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    Could not even get close to Asda today (run out of fever tree tonic for gin) about 1000 people outside all trying to jump the queue - All within pushing distance - all these people will cause London to be worse than Italy

Had to make do with emergency tonic (sweppts)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                    I'm finding the little independent shops are a veritable gold mine near me.

Comment

Yup I'll agree with that.

No shortage of booze or bog paper in the local shops

Comment

Working...
                      X