• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    He's got an appointment with nlady.
    He can still fit in her. No, sorry, I meant fit her in. Actually, I was probably right the first time...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Off licenses are now essential stores so no need to go hunting for meths in B&Q

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Yay!!!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Last Friday, local Waitrose, a fairly large shop, 8:00 start, half the shop wiped before 8:30, people queuing with those big blue Ikea bags tossers, the lot.

Ocado this morning, around 10am, I'm number 14565 in the virtual queue...WTAF ?

I was hoping that at some point people might actually stop being retarded, after having filled every room including their broom closets with toilet paper and canned tuna, but alas seems to not be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Is that a good idea as alcohol will weaken the immune system?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Is that a good idea as alcohol will weaken the immune system?
              Balanced decision - panic could be worse for immune system

Comment

Tuesday, Waitrose almost empty of customers, very clean with a mass of reduced items. Aldi plenty of stock and giving stuff away free.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
                  I was hoping that at some point people might actually stop being retarded, after having filled every room including their broom closets with toilet paper and canned tuna, but alas seems to not be the case.
                  You are probably seeing the ones that previous didn't have a stock of food, and got caught out by the shortages. Personally I always have a big stock of food and supplies, more in the winter when it could snow. One of the nice perks of having your own Ltd is membership of places like Makro, where they sell 24 packs of Charmin buy 1 get 1 free.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
                    Last Friday, local Waitrose, a fairly large shop, 8:00 start, half the shop wiped before 8:30, people queuing with those big blue Ikea bags tossers, the lot.

Ocado this morning, around 10am, I'm number 14565 in the virtual queue...WTAF ?

The ocado website is a waste of time. When I do finally get to enter the shop they only give delivery dates for tomorrow and the next two days. All of which are fully booked. You try to scroll to the right for future dates and it just says "no delivery dates available" or such like. I have no idea who is snapping up the delivery slots as they get released. Maybe I have to set my alarm for 3 am or something nuts like that to get a slot.

Sticking with my local shops for now and may decide never to go back to a major supermarket if this nonsense doesn't get get under control soon.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                      You are probably seeing the ones that previous didn't have a stock of food, and got caught out by the shortages. Personally I always have a big stock of food and supplies, more in the winter when it could snow. One of the nice perks of having your own Ltd is membership of places like Makro, where they sell 24 packs of Charmin buy 1 get 1 free.
                      Agreed, which is why I'm waiting for this tulip storm to pass and for people to go back to normal buying single packs rather than clearing shelves in one go. Shopping actually wouldn't be too bad if supermarkets actually tried to get their asses in gear and introduced max amount purchases and went ahead with limiting the amount of people inside the store (like in other reasonable countries).

Comment

Working...
                      X