• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsc View Post
    supermarkets actually tried to get their asses in gear and introduced max amount purchases.
    They have already done that, some are saying max 3 of each item. To me its not that logical, as the government says stay at home, don't goto the supermarket often, but when we do go, you can't buy enough in one visit.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      The ocado website is a waste of time. When I do finally get to enter the shop they only give delivery dates for tomorrow and the next two days. All of which are fully booked. You try to scroll to the right for future dates and it just says "no delivery dates available" or such like. I have no idea who is snapping up the delivery slots as they get released. Maybe I have to set my alarm for 3 am or something nuts like that to get a slot.

Sticking with my local shops for now and may decide never to go back to a major supermarket if this nonsense doesn't get get under control soon.
      You have a Sainsburys near you though don't you, on Cromwell Road, if you live in K&C (quite a large area, and I don't know exactly where you are).

There's also a large Tescos further down Cromwell Road in Earls Court.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Still struggling to find any tin toms.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The ocado website is a waste of time. When I do finally get to enter the shop they only give delivery dates for tomorrow and the next two days. All of which are fully booked. You try to scroll to the right for future dates and it just says "no delivery dates available" or such like. I have no idea who is snapping up the delivery slots as they get released. Maybe I have to set my alarm for 3 am or something nuts like that to get a slot.

Sticking with my local shops for now and may decide never to go back to a major supermarket if this nonsense doesn't get get under control soon.
          I eventually got to the top of the queue and the website crashed ffs.

What is also tulipe is that there's a £60 minimum spend limit, which means most people just go mental, even if all they need is essentials in low quantities (I know, I know what's the point of delivering £10 of shopping).

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            You have a Sainsburys near you though don't you, on Cromwell Road, if you live in K&C (quite a large area, and I don't know exactly where you are).

There's also a large Tescos further down Cromwell Road in Earls Court.
            Yep. Sainsbury's one way, Tesco the other. Two Waitrose stores too. Plus more on Earl's Court Road. I tended to use Ocado for heavy staples and pick up fresh produce as and when I needed it.

There's an excellent butcher and greengrocer literally around the corner who I would occasionally go to and who I am making more use of now. Much prefer to support them than the big supermarkets.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
              I eventually got to the top of the queue and the website crashed ffs.

What is also tulipe is that there's a £60 minimum spend limit, which means most people just go mental, even if all they need is essentials in low quantities (I know, I know what's the point of delivering £10 of shopping).
              It's £40 on ocado. Always has been. Waitrose is £60

Comment

I am currently contracting for a food wholesalers, maybe I should start a sideline...........

Comment

FFS missed Ocado's queue three times now...

Comment

Can't get eggs. Was limited to 1 box of 6 on Sunday. We are trying a local farmers shop later who say they have loads and are not limiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
                      I am currently contracting for a food wholesalers, maybe I should start a sideline...........
                      You'll need someone with an Amazon account. PM me ;-)
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X