• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are using local suppliers where possible, have managed to arrange local fresh food delivery by making a group purchase with other neighbours. We have a milkman but he isn't taking anyone else on.

We have fresh fish deliveries being sorted, again by neighbours banding together to make it worth while for small places to deliver to us.

oh and we did the same for sweet purchases.

Comment

We're just going to the supermarket like normal, even got bog roll today....
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        You'll need someone with an Amazon account. PM me ;-)
        I have an Amazon account too. You don't have a monopoly...

There's always eBay too.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          You'll need someone with an Amazon account. PM me ;-)
          I thought they banned you for price gouging on hand gel?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
            I am currently contracting for a food wholesalers, maybe I should start a sideline...........
            You don't need to use an Amazon account.

Loads of retailers who deliver to restaurants have all started a sideline delivering to households. Minimum delivery is anything from £25-60 per delivery. Some deliver in different parts of London and South East on particular days. They all have basic websites and take payment through PayPal.

I ordered a box for someone but it hasn't been delivered yet.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I was given a food parcel today, industrial disinfectant wipes, hand sanitiser wipes, loo roll, kitchen roll, bread, milk, eggs, cheese, yoghurt, pasta, rice, chicken, pork fillet, and the biggest tin of beetroot I have ever seen.

Comment

Borscht for tea then!
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

"Following the Government’s new announcements on Monday, we’re writing to tell you about a new 5-point action plan we’ve introduced into Waitrose stores to protect you and our Partners as you continue to shop with us. The plan includes:

Limiting customer numbers: a reduced number of people will be allowed into our shops at any one time, plus new signage to help keep customers two metres apart.

Dedicated marshals in our busiest shops: teams will manage queues at shop entrances before and during opening as well as prioritising NHS staff.

New cleanliness measures will be adopted and checkout screens introduced, to protect customers and Partners.

All Partners will be offered special visors, creating an extra layer of protection.

Cashless and contactless payment will be encouraged as this will help reduce unnecessary contact. Partners will also help customers use our Quick Check self-service app."

Finally

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You don't need to use an Amazon account.

Loads of retailers who deliver to restaurants have all started a sideline delivering to households. Minimum delivery is anything from £25-60 per delivery. Some deliver in different parts of London and South East on particular days. They all have basic websites and take payment through PayPal.

I ordered a box for someone but it hasn't been delivered yet.
                    Care to share their names?

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
                      [I]"Following the Government’s new announcements on Monday, we’re writing to tell you about a new 5-point action plan we’ve introduced into Waitrose stores to protect you and our Partners as you continue to shop with us.
                      No mention of Duchy Originals products?.. FFS
                      I picked up 2 chest freezers worth last week and now that Prince Charles is testing positive I need to know if I have to throw it all out or not... will be such a waste.

Comment

Working...
                      X