• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsc View Post
    "Following the Government’s new announcements on Monday, we’re writing to tell you about a new 5-point action plan we’ve introduced into Waitrose stores to protect you and our Partners as you continue to shop with us. The plan includes:

Limiting customer numbers: a reduced number of people will be allowed into our shops at any one time, plus new signage to help keep customers two metres apart.

Dedicated marshals in our busiest shops: teams will manage queues at shop entrances before and during opening as well as prioritising NHS staff.

New cleanliness measures will be adopted and checkout screens introduced, to protect customers and Partners.

All Partners will be offered special visors, creating an extra layer of protection.

Cashless and contactless payment will be encouraged as this will help reduce unnecessary contact. Partners will also help customers use our Quick Check self-service app."

Finally

Yep, 2 weeks after most other European countries
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      Can't get eggs. Was limited to 1 box of 6 on Sunday. We are trying a local farmers shop later who say they have loads and are not limiting.
      Same tulip here, also, what the actual **** is happening with flour? can't get flour anywhere, even mills are stopping any online orders due to huge amounts of orders. I've tried around 20 different mills that have online shops, all closed...

Comment

Large quantities, but.....

Search Results Grid Page

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
          Large quantities, but.....

Search Results Grid Page
          Five days to get an account set up?? About the same time it takes to into the Ocado queue...

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
            I was given a food parcel today, industrial disinfectant wipes, hand sanitiser wipes, loo roll, kitchen roll, bread, milk, eggs, cheese, yoghurt, pasta, rice, chicken, pork fillet, and the biggest tin of beetroot I have ever seen.
            Was this because you are part of the group to be "shielded" if so when did you get the letter from the NHS?

I ask as I am expecting that letter too, but no post for 2 days (I hope Mr Postie is ok)
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Ocado changed their queuing script yesterday and now I'm greeted with this:

Number of users in queue ahead of you: 117446
              Your estimated wait time is: more than an hour

Also on the very top of the page it says: "You can close this page without losing your place in the queue.", so it seems that you have to click on the "Leave the queue (You will lose your place)" link near the bottom of the page to actually leave the queue. Wonder how many people don't realise this and this is why the queue is now 100k+ users.

Comment

Also on the very top of the page it says: "You can close this page without losing your place in the queue.", so it seems that you have to click on the "Leave the queue (You will lose your place)" link near the bottom of the page to actually leave the queue. Wonder how many people don't realise this and this is why the queue is now 100k+ users.
                I bet if you clear your cookies you'll lose your place

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Five days to get an account set up?? About the same time it takes to into the Ocado queue...
                  As long as Fortnums are still delivering...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

So get in now or you won't get your Christmas delivery...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      As long as Fortnums are still delivering...
                      Just checked... they are!

Comment

Working...
                      X