• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Just checked... they are!
    Get in! Party round at yours later?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Get in! Party round at yours later?
      A solo party, yes.

Comment

To anyone who can't get eggs locally, relax, loads here:

Six Golden Milk Chocolate Praline Eggs, 300g - Fortnum & Mason

On sale as well!

Comment

A solo party, yes.
          A bit like the Liberal Democrats then...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Took a walk out to Tesco.

They're now implementing a queuing system to minimise the number of people in store. Great today when it's warm, dry and sunny. I opted not to join the line of coffin dodgers as I didn't need anything so urgently I was willing to queue for it.

On the way back I detoured past the local shops. All open. Butchers and grocers were well stocked. Offie was open

Comment

Just got back from my local Tesco. They were letting people in in groups of about 15 every 10 minutes so it was calm inside. They only gave out small carts as well. They had everything but UHT milk and flour. It was pretty chill overall but took forever. Also got some cash for when the electronic banking system goes down and filled the car with petrol for when the rest of society collapses.

Comment

Took a walk out to Tesco.

They're now implementing a queuing system to minimise the number of people in store. Great today when it's warm, dry and sunny. I opted not to join the line of coffin dodgers as I didn't need anything so urgently I was willing to queue for it.

On the way back I detoured past the local shops. All open. Butchers and grocers were well stocked. Offie was open
                The Offie counts as an essential service. We wouldn't want rioting on the streets of RBKC now would we...

Comment

Couple of days ago I saw 3 drunken homeless men standing around chatting, holding cans of super strong larger.
                  I didn't say anything to them at the time as I'm not one of those nazi citizen types.
                  Later on I started to wonder if they'd even seen a TV or newspaper over the last 3 months and had any idea about what was happening in the world.

Comment

A solo party, yes.
                    Take any leftovers to NLUK in the car outside your house?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Take any leftovers to NLUK in the car outside your house?
                      And a loo roll. Ran out 3 days ago.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X