• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsc View Post
    Same tulip here, also, what the actual **** is happening with flour? can't get flour anywhere, even mills are stopping any online orders due to huge amounts of orders. I've tried around 20 different mills that have online shops, all closed...
    The eejits that couldn't panic buy dried pasta have swept up flour supplies so they can make their own. The world's gone mad I tell ye.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      And a loo roll. Ran out 3 days ago.
      Print off your last 3 months of posts on here. Should do the trick...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I bet if you clear your cookies you'll lose your place
        For sure. No idea how it works though, numbers are down to 20k now which matches what I've seen yesterday, but the amount of people in the queue before me keeps going up, yet the time to wait is decreasing

Comment

I bet if you clear your cookies you'll lose your place
          Please don't mention cookies. We've got enough for about 3 days, and when we run out, my balls are toast. She will tolerate a prosecco shortage (these are, after all, very testing times) but when we run out of triple choc cookies, some very serious tulip is going to happen. Mostly to me, I fear...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Decided to launch Ocado. Got straight in.

Still can't book a delivery slot.

The site is only available if you have an existing order that you need to amend. Otherwise, feck off and shop elsewhere. (a slight paraphrasing...)

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Please don't mention cookies. We've got enough for about 3 days, and when we run out, my balls are toast. She will tolerate a prosecco shortage (these are, after all, very testing times) but when we run out of triple choc cookies, some very serious tulip is going to happen. Mostly to me, I fear...
              https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2747791

Comment

The site is only available if you have an existing order that you need to amend. Otherwise, feck off and shop elsewhere. (a slight paraphrasing...)
                Looks like you'll have to slum it with Fortnums then...

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
                  The eejits that couldn't panic buy dried pasta have swept up flour supplies so they can make their own. The world's gone mad I tell ye.
                  Also... no eggs?

Even hens are now a panic buy item

Families strip poultry farms of chickens as supermarkets run out of eggs

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                    Also... no eggs?

Even hens are now a panic buy item

Families strip poultry farms of chickens as supermarkets run out of eggs
                    WTF - if they are frightened they won't lay and you have to stop foxes killing them for fun. Though they will probably eat them now due to lack of McDs and KFC.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Exactly this, wouldn't it be easier if they just plastered that all over their queuing page?

Comment

Working...
                      X