• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
    The eejits that couldn't panic buy dried pasta have swept up flour supplies so they can make their own. The world's gone mad I tell ye.
    Even in Italy where they have a total lockdown and overall a rather terrible situation you can buy pretty much everything. In the UK on the other hand you have British gammons refurnishing their tulipty little houses with 25kg bags of flour...unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Decided to launch Ocado. Got straight in.

Still can't book a delivery slot.

The site is only available if you have an existing order that you need to amend. Otherwise, feck off and shop elsewhere. (a slight paraphrasing...)
      You lazy healthy young people - GO TO THE SHOP IN PERSON

signed
      Sir Stuart Rose
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Thanks for this. My balls are on the line here, and all you've given me is a nice long list of stuff I don't have. And I bet you all the money you have left in the world that if I go to my local supermarket, they will only have one of them. And that'll be cocoa powder, which is otherwise completely useless. In about 6 months time, when I can get all of these things without queuing for a week, I'll give this a go. Although by then, hopefully, I'll be able to actually buy the finished product, made by professionals.

It's a lovely idea, I wonder if it will ever actually happen?

And thanks, seriously.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Here in Brussels the price of fish like sole has gone down.
          Normally the restuarant owners buy fish in large quantities. Now that the restuarants are closed there is more available for fellow slumdogs.
          Maybe now that the hotels are being shut down there will be a surplus of bog paper.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
            The eejits that couldn't panic buy dried pasta have swept up flour supplies so they can make their own. The world's gone mad I tell ye.
            Maybe because Jamie Oliver was on the box the other day showing how easy it is to make pasta if you can't get any from the shops. Just pick up a few Kg of flour...
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

signed
              Sir Stuart Rose
              LM
              Lazy - tick
              Healthy - maybe
              young -

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Thanks for this. My balls are on the line here, and all you've given me is a nice long list of stuff I don't have. And I bet you all the money you have left in the world that if I go to my local supermarket, they will only have one of them. And that'll be cocoa powder, which is otherwise completely useless. In about 6 months time, when I can get all of these things without queuing for a week, I'll give this a go. Although by then, hopefully, I'll be able to actually buy the finished product, made by professionals.

It's a lovely idea, I wonder if it will ever actually happen?

And thanks, seriously.
                Next time you go to the shops, see what they have.

Do you have children? If so, get them to help! Double brownie points(pun intended).

The product is much much better than shop bought - and the cheaper the chocolate the better the results.

There again, listening to me on marriage advice, given my record(*), might not end well....

(*) my CUK record which has nothing to do with reality.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

signed
                  Sir Stuart Rose
                  May I refer you to:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2749806

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    LM
                    Lazy - tick
                    Healthy - maybe
                    young -

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      LM
                      Lazy - tick
                      Healthy - maybe
                      young -
                      Younger than you. I'm guessing, obviously, but since she thinks I'm her Dad, I bloody well hope she's younger than you.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X