• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you an Ocado SmartArse?

Sorry, Smart Pass member?

Then you should have an email to this effect:

As an Anytime Smart Pass member, we consider you to be one of our best customers, so we’ve set up a temporary priority queue to enable you to book a delivery slot each week.
    How you will get access:
    We have divided all paying Anytime Smart Pass members who joined before 2020 into a number of equal-sized, randomised groups. You will be placed in one of these groups.
    At spaced intervals, we will give each group access to the priority queue, enabling them to quickly get in and choose a slot for their weekly delivery. We will do this by sending each group an email and text message between the hours of 9am and 5pm, starting tomorrow.
    Once you get your email, you’ll have the rest of the day to place and check out your order. Please wait for your message, as you won’t be able to access the priority queue at other times.
    Hurray! I get to order all my gin heavy stuff now without having to buy it in bits and lug it 10 minutes up the road.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Five days to get an account set up?? About the same time it takes to into the Ocado queue...
      That’s the business offering, they are due to launch a public offering so online ordering with click and collect.

Comment

Sainsbury's was also doing a queueing system. It was quiet and well organised.

Two bottles of Apothic Inferno plus one of Roku gin (on special offer at £25) acquired. Oh and some food. Hot cross buns, some kale, fishcakes, a quiche. Also a bunch of flowers as a home without fresh flowers is a sad place to be.

@Mordac - plenty of Taste the Difference triple choc cookies in the fresh baked section.
        Where is this? I'll be walking. If it takes more than a couple of days, I'll probably choose 'death by very angry wife' instead...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Where is this? I'll be walking. If it takes more than a couple of days, I'll probably choose 'death by very angry wife' instead...
          Sainsbury's on Cromwell Road

Comment

Sainsbury's on Cromwell Road
            If I set off now, what are my chances? It's 10.3 miles, according to the AA route planner. Apparently I have nothing else planned for today...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              If I set off now, what are my chances? It's 10.3 miles, according to the AA route planner. Apparently I have nothing else planned for today...
              Ten miles isn't far. Whether there'll be any left when you arrive...

Comment

Ten miles isn't far. Whether there'll be any left when you arrive...
                It's a hell of a lot further if there are no sodding biscuits at the other end...

Comment

Off licenses are now essential stores so no need to go hunting for meths in B&Q
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm fairly lucky at mo. Have an unmotivated son who never bothered to move on from being a shelf stacker at Sainsburies, so he can shop for me at discount rate. Also have a milkman who can deliver a variety of stuff.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      I'm fairly lucky at mo. Have an unmotivated son who never bothered to move on from being a shelf stacker at Sainsburies, so he can shop for me at discount rate. Also have a milkman who can deliver a variety of stuff.
                      He's a key worker now, vital for the survival of the country! Maybe knowing that will encourage him into something useless like investment banking or property law

Comment

Working...
                      X