• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Mix with a little (or a lot of) rum, sugar and microwave for 60 seconds. Serve with ice-cream. or rum.
    ftfy

Comment

Mix with a little (or a lot of) rum, sugar and microwave for 60 seconds. Serve with rum and ice-cream.
      Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      ftfy
      ftfy
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Got an Ocado delivery

Looked online on the offchance yesterday and there were lots of slots from 5pm today.

Just been emailed the receipt. One missing item (casarecce pasta) and three substitutions. None of which are show stoppers.

I am wary of subbing Ocado Gold hot cross buns for Waitrose Essential though. The Ocado ones came out well rated in some taste test recently and I doubt the Waitrose Essential range will be as good. And some mafalda pasta has been swapped for the whole wheat organic version but still the same brand. Maybe that's subtle nudge to make my shopping healthier!

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
          To anyone who can't get eggs locally, relax, loads here:

Six Golden Milk Chocolate Praline Eggs, 300g - Fortnum & Mason

On sale as well!
          Indeed - easter eggs have been reliably present on the shelves of my local supermarkets, and I've been panic-buying them. Trouble is I keep eating them. Nom nom..

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Originally posted by vetran View Post
            over ripe bananas are perfect for wine making! Or Banana custard etc..
            Mix with a little (or a lot of) brandy, sugar and microwave for 60 seconds. Serve with ice-cream. or brandy.
            Mix with a little (or a lot of) rum, sugar and microwave for 60 seconds. Serve with ice-cream. or rum.
            ftfy
            Mix with a little (or a lot of) rum, sugar and microwave for 60 seconds. Serve with rum and ice-cream.
            ftfy
            Now I see why the bananas got binned

Comment

Mix with a little (or a lot of) brandy, sugar and microwave for 60 seconds. Serve with ice-cream. or brandy.

Indeed fry with butter, brown sugar and dilute with Brandy/Rum. Yum!! Cream optional.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                over ripe bananas are perfect for wine making! Or Banana custard etc..
                Or do what I do, and make Banana Coladas. You need coconut milk (1 tin) and some white rum (as much as you like/need) and some over-ripe bananas. Throw in a blender with some ice, and some pineapple chunks (fresh or tinned, it doesn't matter), and enjoy!
                It's my own trade-marked recipe, so it's for your personal use only...and if you make this for a lady, she will be impressed...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Got an Ocado delivery

Looked online on the offchance yesterday and there were lots of slots from 5pm today.

Just been emailed the receipt. One missing item (casarecce pasta) and three substitutions. None of which are show stoppers.

I am wary of subbing Ocado Gold hot cross buns for Waitrose Essential though. The Ocado ones came out well rated in some taste test recently and I doubt the Waitrose Essential range will be as good. And some mafalda pasta has been swapped for the whole wheat organic version but still the same brand. Maybe that's subtle nudge to make my shopping healthier!
                  Lucky you - I have been in the queue since Friday am
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Got an Ocado delivery

I checked our old Ocado acct, in the hope of resurrecting it (reset pwd etd) and it turns out we opened it in 2009 using the wifes old email acct. So we're stuck in the infinite queue of new customers.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      I checked our old Ocado acct, in the hope of resurrecting it (reset pwd etd) and it turns out we opened it in 2009 using the wifes old email acct. So we're stuck in the infinite queue of new customers.
                      Nooooo!

Comment

Working...
                      X