• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Don't like whisky but got a nearly full bottle that I bought for lady next door's Sunday visits. Unused since she started inviting me round her place after me and her hubby were no longer enemies. Obviously I won't be drinking with them for a while now, so maybe I should find summit to mix it with so I can stand the taste.
    Put it in a fruit cake. Not a whole bottle of course.

Wouldn't work with a peaty one, it does depend on what you've got.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Don't like whisky but got a nearly full bottle that I bought for lady next door's Sunday visits. Unused since she started inviting me round her place after me and her hubby were no longer enemies. Obviously I won't be drinking with them for a while now, so maybe I should find summit to mix it with so I can stand the taste.

hmm things have moved on if she is inviting you back to hers! go Xoggy!

If you spent> £30 (on offer) you probably need to consider if it is better than cooking sherry.

> £50 send me an invite!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Boozed up...

New sales data suggests we are consuming more alcohol during this crisis, with sales surging by over 50% - this at a time when our immunity needs to be at its peak isn’t helped by using a drug that lowers immunity.

None of this is helped by the government designating off licences as ‘essential retailers’ when the World Health Organization has warned that alcohol should not be used as a coping mechanism during the covid-19 pandemic.

The government’s stance on alcohol is unsurprising as they continue to be susceptible to industry lobbying ensuring that the population consumes unhealthy quantities of alcohol.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

There is the old argument that going cold turkey on alcohol is actually very dangerous for a proper alcoholic but then they're not the ones wanting BBR to take a box of Petrus '45 out of storage and drop it off by the servant's entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Boozed up...
            None of this is helped by the government designating off licences as ‘essential retailers’ when the World Health Organization has warned that alcohol should not be used as a coping mechanism during the covid-19 pandemic.
            Next the WHO will be telling us not to eat chocolate, and will try to take bacon away from us...

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              Next the WHO will be telling us not to eat chocolate, and will try to take bacon away from us...
              Then there'll definitely be riots in the streets.

All those PMT enranged wimminz not allowed their chocolate?

Comment

Fruit and veg
                Wellocks | Online Grocery Shopping UK | Home Delivery | Click & Collect

Comment

LOADS of delivery slots on Ocado for Monday onwards

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    LOADS of delivery slots on Ocado for Monday onwards
                    Got 3 supermarkets within walking distance so get my daily exercise too....
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X