• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No contract, no income = spend corporation tax money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Robbing the mafia is less risky...
    We're more likely to need the horses for meat, shortly

Comment

Spend the lot, there's only two ways out if this

1. debt jubilee for all
      2. Increase taxes massively

Once Covid ends there's no way the Tories will be able to wind back all this free cash for people sitting on their arse.

Comment

Originally posted by bingobob777 View Post

1. debt jubilee for all

Once Covid ends there's no way the Tories will be able to wind back all this free cash for people sitting on their arse.
        The normal rules do not apply to HMRC....

Comment

Originally posted by juckky View Post
          Having read those responses you've convinced me that doing such a thing would be like robbing the mafia.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Robbing the mafia is less risky...
            Yep, you can make a deal with the mob.

Comment

No entirely true.

In 2005 I had a bit of a bump and was struggling to pay my tax. Wrote a letter, made a call and offered a payment structure over the next six months to pay it off and they were pretty decent about it. After every cheque I sent in I phoned them up to confirm they got it and that they were happy with the progress and they were fine.

Be proactive, polite and professional with them. Do what you say you will do.

Six months from now HMRC is going to be up to their eyeballs in broke people; new rules.

Comment

Hierarchy is:

1: Always pay VAT without exception - even if you have to sell your kids
                2: Corp Tax less so - but don't expect to be able to run a Ltd company again until at least 2 years after

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

There are many other things you could do first before doing that, such as selling the house, ... Purposefully spending Corporation tax money on yourself is not, and could even land you in jail. ...
                  Chortle!

They're soft as tulipe regarding corporation tax - You can run up a debt of £20,000 before they even notice, and then they'll just fire off computer-generated letters for months, and only then pass it on to a debt management company, with which you can agree a nice small weekly sum to pay it off over several months.

So ignore, all that doom-laden advice, and tuck into the corporation tax.

VAT is somewhat different, and they will jump on you fairly promptly for spending that!

Sell your house indeed!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                    Hierarchy is:

1: Always pay VAT without exception - even if you have to sell your kids
                    2: Corp Tax less so - but don't expect to be able to run a Ltd company again until at least 2 years after

HTH
                    Since Customs and Excise merged with inland revenue that is out of date.

Comment

Originally posted by bingobob777 View Post

1. debt jubilee for all

Agreed spend it. And it will be number 1. Maybe even with a new cashless global currency.

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                      Given HMRC's plan to make running a ltd company utterly pointless, that wouldn't be a factor in my consideration.

Comment

Working...
                      X