• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

McDonalds Closing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    M & S are still open
    Passed in front of a M&S and later in front of a waitrose last weekend. Full of old people. Fooking boomers, they have it coming
    Last edited by PCTNN; 23 March 2020, 12:40.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
      Passed in front of a M&S and later in front of a waitrose last weekend. Full of old people. Fooking boomers, they have it coming
      Quite a few if the old people I know and am related to are so bloody old they aren't boomers.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        And so what? Does McDonald's Food Not Rot?

What's True
        Under specific conditions, food items (and other organic matter) dry out quickly and don't decompose.

What's False
        It's not the case that McDonald's menu items alone "don't rot," or that McDonald's food never "rots" under any condition, or that "chemicals" cause McDonald's food to not break down over the course of years.

There's plenty of reasons not to eat at McDonalds. The food "not rotting" isn't one of them.

Tl;DR Under the same conditions homemade burgers don't rot either.
        I was pointing out that McDonalds would be a good food to stockpile since it can be preserved for years.
        I was a bit grossed out by the guy who ate his old burger and moldy fries though.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          But in the UK, particularly in rural areas a lot of people have allotments and so on. In the NE, it seems everyone in the villages own chickens and they don't have trade accounts.

If we take wartime parallels, growing your own produce is going to reduce strain and travelling to shops. We are planning to ramp this up but you need tools, etc. If you own animals you might have to maintain fencing.

Of course online changes everything but will that be allowed to continue? It is surely the safest way as long as the driver is very strict?
          salad veg in.

peas etc to be transplanted next week.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            I appreciate the urge to make the most of a bad situation (and I'll confess, I sent a text to my builder to say we still have cash waiting if he wants the work) but it does rather prove people are seeing it as some kind of bank holiday.

I'll gladly order stuff online, but stuff going to B&Q right now.
            It's not the case of it being a bank holiday, it's more people avoiding the wife as best they can for 12 weeks!
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Now it's gone too far...

Coronavirus: Greggs to close all stores to prevent spread - BBC News
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  as i expected

< 2m >

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    You have 1 day left - make the most of it.

Iceland have frozen items if you can't cope (and it's a shorter walk).
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      You have 1 day left - make the most of it.

Iceland have frozen items if you can't cope (and it's a shorter walk).
                      Might make the 300 yard trek up the road to Greggs tomorrow for a farewell steak bake.

I noticed Iceland closed early the other day (and they seem to have today too judging by the car park, which is the only bit I can see from here), but AFAIK they are still opening.

Comment

Working...
                      X