• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

McDonalds Closing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benny View Post
    Why not keep their drive through's open?
    The real reason Mac's are closing is because the customers are staying away
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

David didn't mention McD closing

YouTube

Comment

Nandos too.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I will pop out now and stockpile as many as I can....
          Fancy a bite? McDonald's burger bought in Utah in 1999 looks exactly the same as the day it was first flipped (even after it spent two years in a COAT POCKET)

McDonald’s burger and fries still ‘fresh’ after 10 years

“I had heard that McDonald’s never decompose* so I just wanted to see if it was true or not,”
          Man buried a Big Mac meal before digging it up a year later and eating it
          Last edited by CheeseSlice; 23 March 2020, 10:00.

Comment

I am wondering which other stores will deem, or be deemed, to be non-essential. Clothing stores in general? What about B&Q, garden centres, Screwfix, Argos? If you live in London maybe, if you live in the country or grow food or have livestock then maybe not?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

B&q is storming one store sold 11k of paint over and above normal in 1 day

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
                B&q is storming one store sold 11k of paint over and above normal in 1 day
                I appreciate the urge to make the most of a bad situation (and I'll confess, I sent a text to my builder to say we still have cash waiting if he wants the work) but it does rather prove people are seeing it as some kind of bank holiday.

I'll gladly order stuff online, but stuff going to B&Q right now.

Comment

And so what? Does McDonald's Food Not Rot?

What's True
                  Under specific conditions, food items (and other organic matter) dry out quickly and don't decompose.

What's False
                  It's not the case that McDonald's menu items alone "don't rot," or that McDonald's food never "rots" under any condition, or that "chemicals" cause McDonald's food to not break down over the course of years.

There's plenty of reasons not to eat at McDonalds. The food "not rotting" isn't one of them.

Tl;DR Under the same conditions homemade burgers don't rot either.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I am wondering which other stores will deem, or be deemed, to be non-essential. Clothing stores in general? What about B&Q, garden centres, Screwfix, Argos? If you live in London maybe, if you live in the country or grow food or have livestock then maybe not?
                    Following other countries:
                    • Petrol stations
                    • Food shops
                    • Chemists

The idea is to stop people shopping when they don't need to.

Over here, food shops that sell other retail items like clothing or toys were required to close those areas to the public. The online markets are experiencing christmas like levels of activity.

Farmers and trade can still get what they need in terms of plumbing, timber, paint etc. But not consumers.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

But in the UK, particularly in rural areas a lot of people have allotments and so on. In the NE, it seems everyone in the villages own chickens and they don't have trade accounts.

If we take wartime parallels, growing your own produce is going to reduce strain and travelling to shops. We are planning to ramp this up but you need tools, etc. If you own animals you might have to maintain fencing.

Of course online changes everything but will that be allowed to continue? It is surely the safest way as long as the driver is very strict?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X