• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus: Follow virus advice or 'tougher measures' likely, says PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Also you do not get the virus from being in 1 metre of someone who has it.
    It's a pity the govt. didn't consult you (and all the other "experts" like Whorty) before they gave the 2 m advice.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      What that guy said.

Most people from different family groups were more than 1/1.5 metres apart.

Also you do not get the virus from being in 1 metre of someone who has it.

It still needs to be passed on and assuming they are not flinging pools of drool at everyone then unlikely to get it.

I get we need to be careful though.
      Feck, I'm agreeing with oPM ......

We've been told to keep 2m apart, keep washing hands (why do we need to be told to do this?), not cough onto others, or on to hands and then touch things (why do we need to be told to do this?). None of this is rocket science, Covid-19 or not

Keep safe oPM
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

We've been told to keep 2m apart, keep washing hands (why do we need to be told to do this?),

Always amazed at the number of blokes that walk out of the public loo without washing their hands. Filthy buggers.

Was at services along the M4 a few months back, practically had the sinks to myself.
        Last edited by scooterscot; 23 March 2020, 11:22.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Walked by my local pub yesterday and 'all' of the outdoor benches were occupied by people enjoying the sunshine. They'd brought their own booze, sandwiches and flasks of tea.

Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It’s hard to do it if you are the only country - whole of Europe is doing it, this fking inaction will cost a lot of lives.
            WHS
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              So ordering people inside is draconian, but “triaging” them to choose who dies later is not draconian.

FFS
              Absolutely WHS
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                It's a pity the govt. didn't consult you (and all the other "experts" like Whorty) before they gave the 2 m advice.
                For someone who claims to be a SAS expert, and therefore presumably understands mathematical and statistical analysis, you really do seem to be struggling with the simple mathematics here. Maybe fear is blinding your judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  For someone who claims to be a SAS expert, and therefore presumably understands mathematical and statistical analysis, you really do seem to be struggling with the simple mathematics here. Maybe fear is blinding your judgement.
                  What mathematics am I struggling with?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Always amazed at the number of blokes that walk out of the public loo without washing their hands. Filthy buggers.

Was a services along the M4 a few months back, practically had the sinks to myself.
                    And this is why viruses like this, and Flu, spread so easily. Seems unnecessary to have to tell people to wash their hands, and yet, it is required

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      What mathematics am I struggling with?
                      We could start with the last sentence here. Surely you can work out why the mortality rates as reported for covid-19 is much lower than the real figure? Have a think about it, and let me know if you need any help

Basically CV19 has a death rate at best 5 times that of normal flu (on average) and more likely 10 times (0.5 to 1% compared with 0.1%; and those are very conservative figures)
                      Oops ... edit ... I meant lower
                      Last edited by Whorty; 23 March 2020, 11:43.

Comment

Working...
                      X