• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which one of you is responsible for Sainsburys online?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one of you is responsible for Sainsburys online?

My elderly neighbours were delighted to be offered a priority delivery slot, and logged in this morning to log their online order....

After an hour of diligently selecting their vegetables and meat the site flamed out when it came time to pay.

It bounces you up to Visa ok, but then gives a cookie error when Visa tries to complete the transaction by referring the browser back to their order complete page.

Sounds like a performance bottleneck on the order gateway....

Who did it? Own up!
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Having trouble even finding a slot at the moment.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

It wasn't me, but a real contractor would probably appreciate that all designs come with risk/cost/benefit decisions. I've yet to work for a company that took the risk of a global pandemic closing down much of the globe as one that warranted huge investment.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        My elderly neighbours were delighted to be offered a priority delivery slot, and logged in this morning to log their online order....

After an hour of diligently selecting their vegetables and meat the site flamed out when it came time to pay.

It bounces you up to Visa ok, but then gives a cookie error when Visa tries to complete the transaction by referring the browser back to their order complete page.

Sounds like a performance bottleneck on the order gateway....

Who did it? Own up!
        I had exactly the same problem this morning, and whether it was a complete coincidence or not, I tried with Firefox, and it worked first time. (I had about 40 fails using Chrome).
        I haven't had a chance to investigate, but it does sound like a cookies issue. You could get them to try Firefox, it would be interesting to see if that works for them as well.

Edit: As to who did it, my guess is that it wasn't anyone in this country...
        Last edited by Mordac; 23 March 2020, 12:34.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Now they’re not offering delivery to any but “vulnerable” customers:

on the homepage, and

on the “Book a Slot” page

Wonder if I qualify? I get a free flu jab every year since the first heart attack, and the GP messaged me to say I was “in a high risk group” the other day. Finally, all those years of eating too many sausages are gonna pay off!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

on the homepage, and

Wonder if I qualify? I get a free flu jab every year since the first heart attack, and the GP messaged me to say I was “in a high risk group” the other day. Finally, all those years of eating too many sausages are gonna pay off!
            You qualify.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              You qualify.
              Probably, but TBH going to Sainsbury’s is the only time I get out of the house

Comment

They should have migrated on-premises to AWS already with Autoscaling setup. Not sure if it has happened or not.

Comment

Update:

I've since made 3 edits to the order, each time using first Chrome (fail) and then Firefox (success).

Feel free to circulate this info to your friends and family, as Firefox seems to be immune to whatever bugs Sainsburys have infecting their systems.

Any ideas as to how to make this information more widely known? I'm not on Twatter, and even if I was, I'm sure Sainsburys wouldn't thank me for showing up failings in their systems. I'd like to think their technically-challenged customers could benefit from a possible solution though.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

on the homepage, and

Nick - you might struggle contacting them (mainly due to the issues with their site) but they are inviting you to try:
                    https://twitter.com/sainsburys/statu...91415593222145

We are prioritising elderly and vulnerable customers for online delivery slots. If you consider yourself to be vulnerable and do not receive an email from us today, please visit our Groceries Online website tomorrow (Monday) for information on how to contact us.

Comment

Working...
                    X