• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the COVID dimwits on this forum - I'm sure you know who you are

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    That's actually the correct advice. You shouldn't be calling 111 if you just have the cough and a light fever.

If you have severe (note: severe) shortness of breath and have difficulty breathing properly then call the 111 service. Except: you can call, but you'll either have your call dropped or will be on hold for hours upon hours, as I've experienced today. I was even hung up on by the system whilst on hold for two hours.

Perhaps idiots calling up with just basic symptoms but no shortness of breath shouldn't be calling after all. There's no need for them to do so.
    Incorrect you're supposed to use the online 111 service which tells you whether to ring or not.
    And in any case, apart from official advice from an incompetent govt, anyone with Covid symptoms SHOULD be tested so that data is obtained on denominators.
    You know that piece of data that Whorty was so proud he had worked out we didn't have.

The dimwittery continues with the idiots giving the wrong advice.
    Here's the official advice page:

Coronavirus (COVID-19)
    - NHS

Stay at home if you have either:

a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
    a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)

To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.

Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.
    Last edited by sasguru; 23 March 2020, 15:50.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

If you have severe (note: severe) shortness of breath and have difficulty breathing properly then call the 111 service. Except: you can call, but you'll either have your call dropped or will be on hold for hours upon hours, as I've experienced today. I was even hung up on by the system whilst on hold for two hours.
      Do you have severe shortness of breath? Why are you poncing around with 111? FFS get an ambulance.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sometimes I wonder about the common sense of the great British public.
        2 weeks ago the official policy of the govt was "herd immunity", allowing the majority to get infected, a policy that was reversed after shocked academics expressed concern.

Would you lot have volunteered to go to the "infection station" if the govt asked you to?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Incorrect you're supposed to use the online 111 service which tells you whether to ring or not.
          And in any case, apart from official advice from an incompetent govt, anyone with Covid symptoms SHOULD be tested so that data is obtained on denominators.
          You know that piece of data that Whorty was so proud he had worked out we didn't have.

The dimwittery continues with the idiots giving the wrong advice.
          Here's the official advice page:

Coronavirus (COVID-19)
          - NHS

Stay at home if you have either:

a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
          a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)

To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.

Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.

I see the all-seeing prick is back in full action. The advice varies per country. Visit NHS inform - Scottish health information you can trust | NHS inform and you'll see that our advice is different.

Comment

Do you have severe shortness of breath? Why are you poncing around with 111? FFS get an ambulance.

3 doctors in separate conversations indicated 'severe' is hypoxia; this is not hypoxia. It's not a 999 emergency and you shouldn't be assuming your ego requires one under such circumstances.

You do entirely encapsulate what is accurate about the little Englander stereotype.

If it reads like a prick and moans like a prick, it's a prick. You're a prick.

Comment

I see the all-seeing prick is back in full action. The advice varies per country. Visit NHS inform - Scottish health information you can trust | NHS inform and you'll see that our advice is different.
              You don't seem to be severely short of breath to me , given your ability to type bollox.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

So why make a comment about what I did in England?
                You should call 999 immediately and tell them your prefrontal lobotomy has gone wrong, and you've merely turned into a moron.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

You don't seem to be severely short of breath to me , given your ability to type bollox.
                  Covid19 has a main feature - including among asthmatics, of which this patient (not me, I'm fine) in question has - symptoms akin to altitude sickness. This doesn't require hospitalisation and requires rest at home. However go panic and waste 999 resources if you wish; I am attempting to discover the next best steps if the situation deteriorates and how far it has to do so before using up a hospital bed is necessary for this friend. It's called "using your brain" - but given your numerous idiotic posts it was obvious to us all many years ago that you don't really have one of any particular use to anybody.

I'm sorry that you're to thick as pigtulip to perform more 'research' (LOL! As per your recent thread, prick) but perhaps you should concentrate on losing the beergut, as I see that in England so far there are a large proportion of 50-60 year olds in intensive care; suspect they've also been fond of the booze. I suppose that's all that's left to keep you company since your wife left you for that younger dude.

Comment

Covid19 has a main feature - including among asthmatics, of which this patient (not me, I'm fine) in question has - symptoms akin to altitude sickness.

I'm sorry that you're to thick as pigtulip to perform more 'research' (LOL! As per your recent thread, prick) but perhaps you should concentrate on losing the beergut, as I see that in England so far there are a large proportion of 50-60 year olds in intensive care; suspect they've also been fond of the booze. I suppose that's all that's left to keep you company since your wife left you for that younger dude.
                    I'm under 50 (just), I don't have a beer gut, my wife is still with me and I've probably already had mild Covid.
                    But keep projecting.

BTW. Hi Minnie!
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm under 50 (just), I don't have a beer gut, my wife is still with me and I've probably already had mild Covid.
                      But keep projecting.

BTW. Hi Minnie!
                      Hi Kirk D.

Comment

Working...
                      X