• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Difficult decisions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    No of course you should be treated. But if there's one ventilator and you need it and a woman with the same profile as you but who is not so overweight - she'll get it, you won't.

Same as with me. Someone with the same overall profile as me but doesn't suffer from high blood pressure gets priority. Hopefully, it'll not get down to one ventilator and the two of us... or the triage nurse takes bribes...
    Can I borrow £20

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      No of course you should be treated. But if there's one ventilator and you need it and a woman with the same profile as you but who is not so overweight - she'll get it, you won't.

Same as with me. Someone with the same overall profile as me but doesn't suffer from high blood pressure gets priority. Hopefully, it'll not get down to one ventilator and the two of us... or the triage nurse takes bribes...
      Certainly, if the decision arises at the same time. However, I wonder if the bar is higher for moving someone off a ventilator. There must be some pretty marginal decisions and I would think that they'd keep someone on a ventilator if the prospects were reasonable. So, if you're going to get it, perhaps get it now, rather than in a month

Comment

End of the day, when it hits hard - most people won’t get an icu

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Nope. Not high blood pressure. Nor diabetes. Or any of the other comorbidities. I don’t even get out of breath climbing stairs.

Ironically since I’ve been wfh I’ve lost nearly a stone due to not going the fecking canteen.

Comment

Originally posted by mookiemoo View Post
            I think I'm a gonner if I have to get medical treatment.

I'm 43 (positive)
            Never smoked (positive)
            Not diabetic (positive)
            No other underlying conditions (positive)
            Female (positive since men tend to get it worse)

But I am fat (very fat).
            Well hang on, in all seriousness, being very fat could be a big aid to recovery because if you're off your food for a couple of weeks you have more reserves to draw on surely.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by mookiemoo View Post
              Nope. Not high blood pressure. Nor diabetes. Or any of the other comorbidities. I don’t even get out of breath climbing stairs.

Ironically since I’ve been wfh I’ve lost nearly a stone due to not going the fecking canteen.
              You are getting there.

Just try not to go outside.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X