• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which one of you is responsible for Zopa's website?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money moved out
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I'm trying to transfer money (out of it into a stock isa) and I can't access it

When I try doing that on Bittrex it was called a Ponzi scheme.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        When I try doing that on Bittrex it was called a Ponzi scheme.
        Who regulates Bittrex again? Here is Zopa -

“ We’re regulated by these authorities

Financial Conduct Authority

In 2014 consumer credit organisations – including p2p – began to be regulated by the FCA (previously we were regulated by the Office of Fair Trading). We welcomed this as Zopa, along with Ratesetter and Funding Circle, had lobbied the government for more regulation in our sector to help protect consumers. Since December 2018 we are now also regulated by the FCA as a bank.

Prudential Regulation Authority

We also adhere to the requirements set by the PRA, one of the successors of the Financial Services Authority (FSA). It's operated by the Bank of England and is designed to ensure the stability of UK financial system.”

Comment

Just like 'we launder drug money' HSBC is regulated?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Just like 'we launder drug money' HSBC is regulated?
            Regulated in this case means guarantees for deposit makers - even if HSbC folds then up to fairly large amount covered, also people who run HSBC are known - they can go to jail, much better model than tulipcoins run by unknown criminals from countries they can’t be extradited from

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Regulated in this case means guarantees for deposit makers - even if HSbC folds then up to fairly large amount covered, also people who run HSBC are known - they can go to jail, much better model than tulipcoins run by unknown criminals from countries they can’t be extradited from
              Maybe we should put you in charge. I mean, someone who doesn't know what they're doing, and doesn't know what they're talking about, what could possibly go wrong...?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Even before all this kicked off, it took me 4 loan sales and nearly 4 months to withdraw £34k. Pretty darn "illiquid". Of that, £500 is still sitting there as loans in arrears that they've been unable to sell. I reckon it yielded 4.5% annually over the 3 years assuming I don't get the £500 back.

Risk vs reward ratio does not stack up for me in favour of having another go at this type of P2P model....especially now that the liquidity situation is likely to have worsened significantly and the funds aren't covered by the FSCS.

Comment

Originally posted by sludgesurfer View Post
                  Even before all this kicked off, it took me 4 loan sales and nearly 4 months to withdraw £34k. Pretty darn "illiquid". Of that, £500 is still sitting there as loans in arrears that they've been unable to sell. I reckon it yielded 4.5% annually over the 3 years assuming I don't get the £500 back.

Risk vs reward ratio does not stack up for me in favour of having another go at this type of P2P model....especially now that the liquidity situation is likely to have worsened significantly and the funds aren't covered by the FSCS.
                  P2P lending is great when the world economy is booming. I think the lesson learned is that these types of investments are best panic sold whenever any major global event has occurred, and sooner rather than later.

Comment

I took some money out last week and moved it into the stock market. Basically should have just burnt it.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      I took some money out last week and moved it into the stock market. Basically should have just burnt it.
                      Only if you peed on it first

Comment

Working...
                      X