• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sports Direct

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Especially when you can order online from Sports Direct and the delivery services are now an essential support that will remain available so people don't need to go out as much.

I had a new pair of running shoes delivered yesterday after getting 50% off online. Though now the gyms are closed there are likely too many out and about exercising so it requires awareness to dodge others to keep distance. I was running down the road this morning to keep away from others, now the roads are so quiet.
    Ah, but SD relies heavily on impulse buying once you are in the shop.

Considered online purchasing of only stuff we need is not in his business plan.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Ah, but SD relies heavily on impulse buying once you are in the shop.

Considered online purchasing of only stuff we need is not in his business plan.
      Luckily pressure from everyone moaning has made Sports Direct close.

Pets At Home is the next target...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This is the same trick Mr Spoons tried and pulled off. Threaten to keep stuff open until the government comes in and offers money to close.

So blindingly obvious, yet nobody sees it.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Luckily pressure from everyone moaning has made Sports Direct close.

Pets At Home is the next target...
          Actually, Pets at Home is one type of shop allowed to remain open.

(And if Sports Direct hadn't been so greedy they could have kept Evans Cycles open too.)
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Actually, Pets at Home is one type of shop allowed to remain open.

(And if Sports Direct hadn't been so greedy they could have kept Evans Cycles open too.)
            Oh no where will UberEats and Deliveroo couriers going to get their bike supplies. They are going to have to be organised and find somewhere cheaper....
            Last edited by SueEllen; 24 March 2020, 10:22.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X