• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Weight Loss thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Weight Loss thread

78 kg now (BMI 28), will try to push down using home bike as overweight people (especially male) seems to badly affected...

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    78 kg now (BMI 28), will try to push down using home bike as overweight people (especially male) seems to badly affected...
    Overweight males exercising seems to attract the virus.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Overweight females exercising certainly attract me. Wobble, wobble, mmmmmm!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I have had 5 kg or thereabouts to lose for ages. It's very annoying that I pick up and shift the same 2 kg but haven't managed to get my body to twig that it needs to be a lower 'normal'.

I may restart my https://www.lesmills.com/uk/ondemand/ subscription to try and get into the habit of doing exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I have had 5 kg or thereabouts to lose for ages. It's very annoying that I pick up and shift the same 2 kg but haven't managed to get my body to twig that it needs to be a lower 'normal'.

I may restart my https://www.lesmills.com/uk/ondemand/ subscription to try and get into the habit of doing exercise.
          I think that Banantyne's are streaming their classes for free at the moment.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I have one of these puppies on order due to arrive Friday, just cleared space for it in the garage:

My neighbour has a barbell rack and a bunch of dumbells and kettlebells in his garage so between us we have a decent set up. Doing skipping and cycling for cardio so when this is over I intend to be fully beach ready

As someone who's been at this for a while now I can't stress the importance of lean mass when getting in shape. I did cardio (running) for years trying to shift fat and is was very frustrating. If yo want to use this time to get in better shape then at least have a look at some bodyweight workouts on Youtube or incorporate some push ups/squats to get the most out of it.

Also diet is 80% so have a look at getting the right amount of protein/fat/carb with a healthy deficit (15-20% below maintenance calories). Higher protein of you're doing strength/resistance training as well.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              I have one of these puppies on order due to arrive Friday, just cleared space for it in the garage:

My neighbour has a barbell rack and a bunch of dumbells and kettlebells in his garage so between us we have a decent set up. Doing skipping and cycling for cardio so when this is over I intend to be fully beach ready

As someone who's been at this for a while now I can't stress the importance of lean mass when getting in shape. I did cardio (running) for years trying to shift fat and is was very frustrating. If yo want to use this time to get in better shape then at least have a look at some bodyweight workouts on Youtube or incorporate some push ups/squats to get the most out of it.

Also diet is 80% so have a look at getting the right amount of protein/fat/carb with a healthy deficit (15-20% below maintenance calories). Higher protein of you're doing strength/resistance training as well.
              Make sure you wipe your kit down after you've sweated on it

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

You aren't allowed in your neighbour's garage as it isn't part of your own home.

What part of "Stay at home" don't you understand?

UK coronavirus lockdown: what you can and cannot do | World news | The Guardian
                Last edited by SueEllen; 24 March 2020, 11:29.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You aren't allowed in your neighbour's garage as it isn't part of your own home.

What part of "Stay at home" don't you understand?
                  What if he is having affair with neighbours wife? Nothing about this in the guidance

Comment

If you're trying to lose weight it is far easier to do it by reducing calories intake rather than exercising more.

Comment

Working...
                    X