• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK government has taken the unprecedented step

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “ The UK government has taken the unprecedented step of asking mobile companies to send an alert to everyone in the UK telling them to heed the new nationwide lockdown rules.

It is the first time ministers have called upon all the UK’s mobile operators – including O2, EE, Three and Vodafone – to send a mass broadcast that will reach as many as 60 million people across the country. Only 4% of households do not have at least one mobile phone, according to the communications regulator, Ofcom.”

Coronavirus live news: UK wakes up to lockdown as Trump insists US will 'reopen' in weeks | World news | The Guardian

Oh wow mass broadcast, that’s unprecedented indeed!

I hope they will say in the broadcast that they track this phone’s location and anybody leaving house more often than once a week will be “dealt with”
    Looks like someone's missing Mother Russia....
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Yeah, like the Govt is going to keep paying people salaries while they stay at at home and not work

Isn't that what they do in Venezuela? I thought this could only happen is Corbyn got in.

Do you think our glorious leader Cummings will lift the restrictions once this is all over? What's that old saying, people should not be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of the people.

How did we 'out Russia' Putin's Russia so quickly since the Tories tightened their grip on power?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Looks like someone's missing Mother Russia....
        Oh wow, vert clever retort - Russia isn’t actually in lock down because Govt there does not give a fook about people.

Give it 2 weeks and there will be 95% support for checkpoints to stop people getting out of home - it’s far better to go strict and s-end less time in lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Whorty, someone has hacked your account and started typing rubbish.
          Nah, it's still me

I like to keep the troops entertained in their darkest hour - think of me as the Vera Lynn of CUK
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Just got my text message. I'm sure GDPR rules have been broken here. I never gave HMG permission to spam me and there was no "Unsubscribe" option.
            England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
              Just got my text message. I'm sure GDPR rules have been broken here. I never gave HMG permission to spam me and there was no "Unsubscribe" option.
              Ohh I want mine...
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Whorty, someone has hacked your account and started typing rubbish.
                That's OLD news.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Just received it, nothing new in content, but it may be of use to some.
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    That's OLD news.

Like I said to Sassy yesterday, it's taken him a few years to come to the conclusion I'm an annoying twunt ..... even you beat him to that by a good 3 years

And he thinks he's smart
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Like I said to Sassy yesterday, it's taken him a few years to come to the conclusion I'm an annoying twunt ..... even you beat him to that by a good 3 years

And he thinks he's smart
                      I don't think you're an annoying twunt, I think you've demonstrated thatt you're a thick twunt.

HTH, BIDI.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X