• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK government has taken the unprecedented step

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK government has taken the unprecedented step

“ The UK government has taken the unprecedented step of asking mobile companies to send an alert to everyone in the UK telling them to heed the new nationwide lockdown rules.

It is the first time ministers have called upon all the UK’s mobile operators – including O2, EE, Three and Vodafone – to send a mass broadcast that will reach as many as 60 million people across the country. Only 4% of households do not have at least one mobile phone, according to the communications regulator, Ofcom.”

Coronavirus live news: UK wakes up to lockdown as Trump insists US will 'reopen' in weeks | World news | The Guardian

Oh wow mass broadcast, that’s unprecedented indeed!

I hope they will say in the broadcast that they track this phone’s location and anybody leaving house more often than once a week will be “dealt with”

Considering the police don't have resources to take action on so many crimes normally, doubt they'll manage it.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Considering the police don't have resources to take action on so many crimes normally, doubt they'll manage it.
      They will just call the armed forces in.

After all the government can call up reservists.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        They will just call the armed forces in.

After all the government can call up reservists.
        shaunbhoy is ready!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          shaunbhoy is ready!
          With his peeler.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Out glorious leader has taken a bold move.

We should have a public holiday to honour the great leader. 14-days should do it.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I find it quite strange that Brits, the lovers of freedom, are actively requesting the government to implement a form of martial law.

Be careful what you wish for folks, because once something becomes the norm, it is more difficult to change it back!
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                I find it quite strange that Brits, the lovers of freedom, are actively requesting the government to implement a form of martial law.

Be caref what you wish for folks, because once something becomes the norm, it is more difficult to change it back!
                Yeah, like the Govt is going to keep paying people salaries while they stay at at home and not work

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Be careful what you wish for folks, because once something becomes the norm, it is more difficult to change it back!
                  Whorty, someone has hacked your account and started typing rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    Whorty, someone has hacked your account and started typing rubbish.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X