• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid Lockdown Reading

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The Masque of the Red Death, Short story by Edgar Allan Poe
    Used to like Poe but not read any for decades. Reading "Spike, an Intimate Memoir" - Biography of Spike Milligan. Shows what an old fart I am.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Although a classroom text, this is quite interesting: https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...ion/plague.pdf

IBM used to produce all their documentation and provide it in an online format which you could install on your PC, part of that was a number of books from the Gutenberg Project which helped to while away the time when a long compile was running. This is one of those books which I've just found on an old CD copy i have by Daniel Defoe which I started a couple of days ago reading while building a new system:

A Journal of the Plague Year, by Daniel Defoe
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Rules have changed so this might interest some people: Welcome to Open Library | Open Library
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          the doomsday book by connie willis which is about a influenza pandemic in the future, a time machine and a bubonic pandemic in the past. i finished it last week. published in 1992 it completely nails the toilet roll panic buying madness but fails to imagine the development of mobile telephony.
          Just finished it. Very good. And yes, the toilet roll theme did make me laugh - much needed light relief from some very heavy sections.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Lockdown by Peter May, about to get released

Comment

Working...
            X