• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19: Eyes and ears on the ground reports... what isn't being reported?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heathrow are no longer closing T3 and T4 but they are closing T5B and T5C and making the other terminals 'smaller'

Today they had 194 arrivals and 197 departures.

Comment

Two people I know who almost certainly have it.

One started with a cough, followed with a fever - gradually improved over a week, then went downhill and was iller than ever. He's now improving, but very exhausted.

The other worked next to a guy who was a confirmed (tested) case and came down with it a week later. He's currently about 3 days in and feeling very rough. Another friend was hanging out with him a week ago, so anxious for him too.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        There are consequences when you elect a moron for a president.
        Reading the US papers who said Trump only does two things, (no real work): Tweet and watch the Stock Market religiously and uses it to reflect on his own performance ergo (but also ego works) to get re-elected. Papers have said he can't stand not having this hence he'd rather have people die and have the markets open.

qh
        Last edited by quackhandle; 24 March 2020, 19:19.
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          No tanks etc. rolling past, nor Black Hawk helicopters swooping down over the nature reserve beyond the former Great Central Railway
          That would be awesome stop the scroats from nicking the cars near me.

Sometimes we get Apaches going over and today I spotted an Airbus A380 going overhead which I'd not seen before.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            Reading the US papers who said Trump only does two things, (no real work): Tweet and watch the Stock Market religiously and uses it to reflect on his own performance ergo (but also ego works) to get re-elected. Papers have said he can't stand not having this hence he'd rather have people die and have the markets open.

qh
            Trump should pay closer attention to his voters concerns too..

https://twitter.com/i/status/1242791466885414914

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              Trump should pay closer attention to his voters concerns too..

https://twitter.com/i/status/1242791466885414914
              Brilliant...the 3 g's...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                They've run out of PPE and can't get it to the frontline.
                Tonight’s headline.

I wonder when the 500 bed EOL ward will hit the news. I suspect it’s a few days away yet.
                Also, the spread is heading north as those who were commuting to London are now WFH. NEC is targeted as the next “hospital”, but the biggest story that will not be confirmed is that a new subcommittee in the NHS is discussing age/ability criteria for treatment.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

CID friend of mine has been fitted for a uniform as it's likely she'll be back on the beat soon.

People just aren't nicking fags and booze from Gatwick anymore.

Comment

The new makeshift hospital, 4000 beds complete with huge mortuaries

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      The new makeshift hospital, 4000 beds complete with huge mortuaries

Better to start planning for the worst now.

Comment

Working...
                      X