• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19: Eyes and ears on the ground reports... what isn't being reported?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Good they can get the sickies out of my part of London.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      All the preppers are also Trump voters. I see a mix on YouTube of "it's a Chinese hoax"/"it's no big deal" and "I've bought a year's worth of MREs and a cow" (the latter not even someone I'd class as a nut/prepper normally)
      There are no doubt a minority of preppers in Trumps base but the majority are urban workers.
      And there are more older Republicans, just like most oldies here vote Tory.
      One thing not much mentioned in this whole story is how the middle and professional classes (not only in the US) can work from home and escape the the brunt of it.
      And as the article I posted shows it's lack of a degree that's the biggest predictor of Trump support.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

The other disparity that may well be important is that Trump's older supporters are characterised as old and rich. In America, that makes a huge difference when you're ill.
        One assumes uneducated workers will still by and large live when they nearly all catch it, but the older folk are going to be decimated unless something changes and there may be fewer old Democrats but more of them will probably die.

I genuinely fear we are watching the start of something truly horrific over there, but most of us are too tied up (understandably) in domestic and EU matters to notice the early warning signs.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Meanwhile, the Dow Jones has shot up by 8% on the news that Trump is going to lift restrictions as soon as he can get away with it.
          I think it's more to do with the promise of unlimited money printing. But it does seem barking mad.

Fed, saying aggressive action is needed, starts unlimited QE - MarketWatch

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I genuinely fear we are watching the start of something truly horrific over there, but most of us are too tied up (understandably) in domestic and EU matters to notice the early warning signs.
            There are consequences when you elect a moron for a president.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              There are consequences when you elect a moron for a president.
              Luckily, not normally that serious. It seems luck has run out.

Anyway it seems the story has reached the BBC now: Coronavirus: ExCeL Centre planned as NHS field hospital - BBC News

Comment

hopefully we wont be needing this now that we switched delay tactic to 'supression':

Tory MP claims Hyde Park will be coronavirus morgue - then backtracks

Comment

It's nice and quiet in the Royal Borough. I don't know anyone with it, or know anyone who knows anyone.

Closest I have is someone a friend's mum works with might have it or had it.

Keeping the pleb sickies over at the Excel or O2 suits me fine. I have a Bupa hospital just around the corner from me to pop to...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    It's nice and quiet in the Royal Borough. I don't know anyone with it, or know anyone who knows anyone.

Closest I have is someone a friend's mum works with might have it or had it.

Keeping the pleb sickies over at the Excel or O2 suits me fine. I have a Bupa hospital just around the corner from me to pop to...
                    Boris bought all their beds.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I have a Bupa hospital just around the corner from me to pop to...
                      Nope. Nationalised for the duration.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X